LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh   14 January 2020

Criminal case eligibility for govt jobs

A case registered against me u/s 420 of ipc by police warrent, got police custody and judicial custody (before chargesheet filed). As on today the case status is disposed. nature of case disposal is uncontested - disposed otherwise. Now i want to apply for government job. I'm eligible for govt job?

Learning

7 Replies

HANUMESH H N (Lawyer)     14 January 2020

there is no bar for applying job but you have to disclose the criminal records in your application but you will not get posted until you get acquitted or discharged from the case and even till the expiry of appeal period, regarding your case it is still in investigation stage after filing the  chargesheet you will get a new case number.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2020

At the time of calling for such application/selection, you should not be convicted.  Come out free from the case without conviction by proving innocence if you wants only a Govt. Job alone.

1 Like

Ramesh   15 January 2020

Dear Sir,

The case already Disposed, i mentioned in my previous question ("As on today the case status is disposed. nature of case disposal is uncontested - disposed otherwies").

Still your answer is same or any update?

Ramesh   15 January 2020

Dear G. L. N. Prasad Sir,

In order passed by judge its mention like {"1) ACCUSED RAMESH IS DISCHARGES FROM THE OFFENCE PUNISHABLE U/SEC 420 OF THE INDIAN PENAL CODE R/W 65 AND 66(C) OF I.T. ACT, 2000 VIDE SECTION 320(8) OF THE CODE OF CRIMINAL PROCEDURE", 

2) "BAIL BOND OF THE ACCUSED ARE CANCELLED", 

3) "PROCEEDINGS OF THE CASE ARE CLOSED""}

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 January 2020

The general clause in application must be:

Whether you were convicted previously....

The simple reply you have to provide is NO.

You are not suppressing fact as you were not convicted.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 January 2020

Section 320(8) in The Code Of Criminal Procedure, 1973. (8) The composition of an offence under this section shall have the effect of an acquittal of the accused with whom the offence has been compounded.

You have been acquitted; as such, there is no constraint at all as to your eligibility for public employment. However, you need to furnish true and complete information, as sought, while applying for the job and during the selection process.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2020

The case hs been dismissed by the court for want of proper prosecution.

Thus it shows as disposed - uncontested.

However since you have been remanded to judicial custody, it becomes your duty to furnish the details in the application form in the appropriate column about this criminal case and the disposal details.

\You may first obtain and secure the certified copy of the orders/judgment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register