LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alekya   24 December 2019

Pf

Hello Sir, I had to leave the company due to health issues and later they asked me to pay 19k for taking sick leaves. I didn't pay that amount as it's not my fault. I don't know if my status is mentioned "absconded" or anything. I want to withdraw my pf amount. However, I have to change the basic details and the employer should approve those changes. Please advise how to proceed

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 December 2019

If you have left the employment by submitting due resignation, and they have not yet responded, it is deemed acceptance.  PF is your own amount, and you can see the balance outstanding and ways to withdraw from EPF portal.  This portal is user-friendly and the response is immediate.  No one can stop in making withdrawals from your PF as per norms laid down.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2019

The rules do not state that an employer can hold the EPF amount of an employee. But, Many employer do not approve the EPF withdrawal form to arm-twist the employee. The employers try to enforce the notice period against the signature on EPF withdrawal form. This illegal practice is very common among errant employers.

PFO is really trying hard to contain the high handedness of the employer. First it was online PF transfer, which eased the PF account transfer very easy. Second, It came with Universal Account Number which made EPF transfer an easier process. Now it, has also made the EPF withdrawal without employer approval a cakewalk. The UAN has made EPF withdrawal very easy.

EPFO has introduced the Adhaar linked EPF withdrawal. This method of EPF withdrawal do not require any authentication, forget about the employer. It is as easy as filling bank withdrawal slip.

But, to avail this super easy facility, you must fulfill these conditions.

• You must have the UAN. UAN is allotted by the EPFO. You can check UAN. Even, you can generate UAN as well.
  • You must have given the bank account and Adhaar number linked to UAN
  • The employer should have verified the Adhaar number of the employee.

This process of EPF withdrawal do not ask anything related to your identity and KYC details. The EPFO verifies your identity with Adhaar data and deposit the money into the account authenticated by the employer. The employers are asked to verify the bank details and Adhaar number while you are in the service.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 January 2020

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Pf-206490.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register