LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Babu   11 December 2019

Online Hotel booking complaints

Now a days online hotel booking complaints are becoming popular and online booking agency is not addressing the issue properly. In that case who is the ombudsman for such issues where compliant can be addressed?

Learning

6 Replies

Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     11 December 2019

The best option in my opinion would be to serve the agency/company that owns the website with a legal notice demanding the appropriate compensation for any monetary loss/discomfort you may have suffered on account of their poor service, failing which they would be subjected to legal proceedings in the consumer court. Hope this helps!
2 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 December 2019

A citizen can avail remedy against deficiency of service of such hotels through District Consumer Forum and issuing a notice pointing out the deficiency of service and payment of consideration to the service providers are basic necessities.

1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     11 December 2019

Dear Mr. Babu,

Send legal notice for demand of compensation and file consumer complaint in consumer court for compensation.

Regards,

Abdul saleem (senior executive)     30 June 2022

I have booked a hotel through Agoda.com after reviewing from the site of the hotel Katriya room pictures and details in Hyderabad city for 24th June to 26th June. Total 5 rooms booked for 3 nights.

The moment when we entered the room, we have realized that we got cheated. The filthy room and corridor, poor bathroom with ugly toilets, there is no basic items like bucket and Mug, tea bags, sugar, kettles, etc..

The issue was the toilet, one of the worst toilet ever seen in my life is in Hotel Katriya Hyderabad. We have went back to reception and asked them to change the room and they refused. I have asked for the refund so that we can find any good hotel but the answer was to contact the booking site customer care since it was booked online,which is not in India and we couldn't dial from phone as the customer care is in Thailand. My childrens were not ready to use the toilets and my friends were insulted me through out the trip and spoiled my reputation with them for taking the responsibility to study online and book the hotel which I did.

My argument is why Agoda is selling such a dirty property which even not maintaining the minimum hotel standard? Why there is no customer care in case of any emergency issues?

Agoda  posted a pictures of edited version of hotel rooms and facility to attract customers and reality is different. The hotel is substandard hotel and the amenities are worst and poor . Looks the property was not done any maintenance for last few years..there is no room service for this property, most of the time we walked to the stores to get sugar, soap, tea bag etc..ourself and even they were not aware about that.

We have requested several times to change all 5 rooms and they refused and not answered. Great disappointment and I would like to proceed further to stop this practice to cheat people once the booking done through online. We have spent more Rs60,000/- for hotel and result is spoiling the journey..My suggestion is bring this issue to the concerned department and to take actions on these online platform to control cheatings. If I booked directly I may have the voice and option to cancel at least for remaining two nights which was not possible if we do through Agoda..

Help me ..

Tech V   04 June 2023

Your blog post was a gem! The information you provided was well-researched, and your explanations were easy to follow. For those interested in learning more, <a href="https://sites.google.com/view/crazydel/home" target="_blank">click here</a>. Keep up the excellent work!

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 June 2023

Originally posted by : Abdul saleem

I have booked a hotel through Agoda.com after reviewing from the site of the hotel Katriya room pictures and details in Hyderabad city for 24th June to 26th June. Total 5 rooms booked for 3 nights.The moment when we entered the room, we have realized that we got cheated. The filthy room and corridor, poor bathroom with ugly toilets, there is no basic items like bucket and Mug, tea bags, sugar, kettles, etc..The issue was the toilet, one of the worst toilet ever seen in my life is in Hotel Katriya Hyderabad. We have went back to reception and asked them to change the room and they refused. I have asked for the refund so that we can find any good hotel but the answer was to contact the booking site customer care since it was booked online,which is not in India and we couldn't dial from phone as the customer care is in Thailand. My childrens were not ready to use the toilets and my friends were insulted me through out the trip and spoiled my reputation with them for taking the responsibility to study online and book the hotel which I did.My argument is why Agoda is selling such a dirty property which even not maintaining the minimum hotel standard? Why there is no customer care in case of any emergency issues?Agoda  posted a pictures of edited version of hotel rooms and facility to attract customers and reality is different. The hotel is substandard hotel and the amenities are worst and poor . Looks the property was not done any maintenance for last few years..there is no room service for this property, most of the time we walked to the stores to get sugar, soap, tea bag etc..ourself and even they were not aware about that.We have requested several times to change all 5 rooms and they refused and not answered. Great disappointment and I would like to proceed further to stop this practice to cheat people once the booking done through online. We have spent more Rs60,000/- for hotel and result is spoiling the journey..My suggestion is bring this issue to the concerned department and to take actions on these online platform to control cheatings. If I booked directly I may have the voice and option to cancel at least for remaining two nights which was not possible if we do through Agoda..Help me ..

You may file a case in District Consumer Forum 

either

in whose jurisdiction you were sitting at the time of contract

or

in whose jurisdiction the contract was breached.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register