LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajay (Staff)     02 December 2019

Court order being ignored by defendants - more than 45 days

My property matter is in the Court in Mumbai. it is a civil matter.The Judge passed an interim relief order in my favor,  It has been more than 45 days since the order is passed and the defendants are completely ignoring the court order.

1. What legal recourse do I have?
  2. How much time do I need to give the opposite party to adhere to the court order?
  3. If they do not adhere to the court  order, do I file a contempt of court proceedings in the same court or what is the process to get them to adhere to the court order or do I have to file for an execution decree?
  4. To get faster relief, Is it possible to file a criminal case for non adherance to the court order?
  5. Any other suggestions?

thank you in advance for your learned advice.

Learning

5 Replies

Shashi Dhara   02 December 2019

As it is civil matter you can press the court to pass the orders as soon as possible.it is one type of delay tactis.dont be overconfidence

Shashi Dhara   02 December 2019

As it is civil matter you can press the court to pass the orders as soon as possible.it is one type of delay tactis.dont be overconfidence

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 December 2019

What is the nature and the context in which the Order has been passed? How its implementation is frustrated?

Nilesh P   05 December 2019

You can share/inbox your email address for appropriate legal remedy & further communication

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 December 2019

What is the matter involved in instant suit pending in civil court ?

What sort of interim relief has been granted in your favour, as stated by you?

What is the opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you, who is well aware about facts and circumstances of the suit, documents produced by both parties vis-a-vis order passed by the Court ? Have you lost faith in your lawyer who is an able, competent and intelligent enough to guide you better than obligation i.e., FREE OF COST, of the experts on this platform ? If so, change your lawyer immediately.

If you feel strong for second opinion it is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer with relevant records for proper analyses, professional advise and proceeding.

However, if you are located in Delhi and feel so, may contact me with relevant case file/documents (on appointment) for appreciation, professional consultancy and advise at: Chamber No 647, Lawyer's Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, Sector 10, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 Cell # 9891152939                              email: majjagdish@yahoo.com or visit: vakil-saab.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register