LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priya Ravi   16 November 2019

Divorce

Hi I got married in 2011.We have two kids now 1st a boy and 2nd a girl.My husband is having an affair for past 3 years with his office colleague. Suddenly he resigned his job n moved to canada by telling that he will take us along with him as soon as he get a job. But I think she is also with him in Canada. In March he is going to complete one year as a Canadian resident. In this case will he be able to divorce me without my consent by completing one year in canada?

Learning

8 Replies

Sb Karma   16 November 2019

Originally posted by : Priya Ravi
Hi I got married in 2011.We have two kids now 1st a boy and 2nd a girl.My husband is having an affair for past 3 years with his office colleague. Suddenly he resigned his job n moved to canada by telling that he will take us along with him as soon as he get a job. But I think she is also with him in Canada. In March he is going to complete one year as a Canadian resident. In this case will he be able to divorce me without my consent by completing one year in canada?

• Consult local lawyer they will help you best......and wait will you update soon with case list.

Sb Karma   16 November 2019

And  question is....

1. Is he paying monthly maintenance(house hold cost) for you and family?
  2. Are you in connection with him or he break connection?

R. K. Singh (Business)     17 November 2019

Originally posted by : Sb Karma

And  question is....

Is he paying monthly maintenance(house hold cost) for you and family?
Are you in connection with him or he break connection?

the querist wants to protect her marriage ... the query is wether the husband be able to divorce her without her consent because of his completing one year in canada 

R. K. Singh (Business)     17 November 2019

hello.. I suggest that you should file restitution of conjugal rights case 

Sb Karma   17 November 2019

Originally posted by : R. K. Shah

Originally posted by : Sb Karma

And  question is....

Is he paying monthly maintenance(house hold cost) for you and family?
Are you in connection with him or he break connection?

the querist wants to protect her marriage ... the query is wether the husband be able to divorce her without her consent because of his completing one year in canada 

without knowing in details......behaviour pattern of both ...one should give answer

that's why i ask some details of her husband

if he ignore family then 100% he will try to divorce,but if he quite busy but take care of family,then she(wife) don't need to worry

that's why i asked her

And finally without knowing her he can't divorce,yes he may apply for divorce ,but without her(wife) knowledge no divorce can be executed....so just be happy keep smilesmiley

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 November 2019

It is advisable to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation of facts, guidance and proceeding without relying upon obligation of experts on this platform who shall form opinion on the basis of limited facts posted by you.

P. Venu (Advocate)     29 November 2019

He cannot seek or get divorce unilaterally. 

John Brown   03 January 2020

Hello! If you cannot trust your husband and afraid that he will file for divorce without your consent, do it by yourself first! You can use the service on which you can independently draw up the documents necessary for registering a divorce in your state. With services like https://onlinedivorcetexas.com, you can save a lot of time and money. Don't be afraid, don't give him the opportunity to do it first!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register