LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nirav sharma   11 November 2019

Information under rti

I am a bank employee and our wage revision under bipartite settlement is bound to be announced anytime soon. I want to know what information my wife can obtain under RTI Act. Can she ask for details of my arrears? Or can she only ask regarding my new salary structure? Already maintenance amount of 7000 pm was decided by trial court in 2018.

Learning

3 Replies

Sb Karma   11 November 2019

Originally posted by : Nirav sharma
I am a bank employee and our wage revision under bipartite settlement is bound to be announced anytime soon. I want to know what information my wife can obtain under RTI Act. Can she ask for details of my arrears? Or can she only ask regarding my new salary structure? Already maintenance amount of 7000 pm was decided by trial court in 2018.

Yes they can ask all information through RTI.And they may file revision petition too for maintenance.

So if you can prove that she is earning well to your maintenance may be decrease but depends on case to case and situation also play major role.

So please go through local lawyer.

Rahul Mehalwal   11 November 2019

She can only obtain information which is related to a public activity or of public interest. Releasing the details of your salary arrears and your new salary structure would amount to invasion of your privacy. She can ask for information about the generic pay grades in your bank and the wage revision policy once it is announced but she cannot get specifics regarding you. Your information would be protected u/s 8(j) of the Right to Information Act, 2005.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     15 November 2019

She cannot get information specific to you under RTI. But she can get it through court order.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register