Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashanth Hs   07 November 2019

Gpay/phonepe amount credited to unintended account

Hi All, Good evening.

I am Prashanth. I need your valuable inputs on how to deal with the situation that I have got into. 

I wanted to buy a gym equipment worth 34K, I visited the shop, checked it out and came back home. I negotiated the price over phone and finalized the product price for 31K. I asked the vendor to send the the account details to transfer the money and confirm my order. He sent me a phonepe scan code and I made the payment of 31K thru my google pay. My HDFC account is linked to my google pay and the other side it was phonepe account I paid to. Now the vendor says he hasn't received the money. I checked in my bank statement and it tells me that it has been credited to some account "kaveri fancy store" that does not belong to the vendor.  We have not traced the receipients contact details yet. Vendor says that, the mistake is from phonepe side and they have linked a different account to the QR scan code allocated to them. They have raised this issue with the phonepe and asked me to wait until it is resolved. I have also given a compaint to by HDFC bank but there is no much hope from their side.  

I am asking my vendor to ship me the product that I have paid for becuase the amount is already debited from my account and what ever the problem they have is with their service provider phonepe and its his responsbility to get it sorted and I should not be penalised for that. But, he is not ready to ship the product and asking me to wait until the issue is resolved. I am concerned because I am not sure whether the issue gets resolved and who ever has received the money wrongly will ever return it back.  Could you please tell me what can I do now? What legal remedies do I have ? 

Thanks in advance,

Prashanth

Learning

1 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     27 December 2019

File a comlaint with the banking ombudsman online.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register