LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Varun Jindal   06 November 2019

regarding cheque

after I sold goods to the party, the party gave me a cheque written self and a particular date and told me to withdarw the money on that date but then kept on saying that dont withdraw I will pay you in cash. in the meantime the date of the cheque expired and the party neither paid me in cash. now the party is not paying me my money. what can I do?

Learning

3 Replies

Sb Karma   06 November 2019

Originally posted by : Varun Jindal
after I sold goods to the party, the party gave me a cheque written self and a particular date and told me to withdarw the money on that date but then kept on saying that dont withdraw I will pay you in cash. in the meantime the date of the cheque expired and the party neither paid me in cash. now the party is not paying me my money. what can I do?

date of cheque expired.... means????

did the cheque cross 3 month from issuing date??

If yes then send him legal notice with the help of local lawyer.

If not then drop it in your bank in any date within 3 month from issuing date.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 November 2019

Make a registered notice politely informing him that such and such amount was outstanding and the cheque was not presented at the request of the purchaser, and as the cheque has spent it's time, a fresh cheque may be issued with interest for the outstanding amount..  Depending on the response, contact a local advocate for further steps for recovery.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     06 November 2019

If you have sold the goods under a sales bill and if the party has signed on the bill to confirm delivery you can issue a notice demanding payment. A cheque issued to you with 'self' written is irrelevant in the matter. You have to prove sale and delivery of the goods to be able to demand payment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register