LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeev (director)     02 November 2019

Get rid from major daughter

Dear Sir, this is R . K SINGH from Patna, on 10th of October my daughter (aged 23) went away before all awaken in the morning. We never had a doubt on her character but she cheated our family.  After 3 days we came to know that   she went on her own interest to marry with someone .  I know that I  cannot do anything because she is major now and She can take her own decision for what her needs.

Three days ago she suddenly came back home and said that give me five thousand rupees to spend every month. On hearing this she started threatening to call the police, fearing that we gave her four thousand rupees, which she took away.
Now she is asking me to pay for five thousand expenses every month, in which I am unable.
Now I do not want to have any kind of relationship with her. Is there any provision in the law that I can get rid of him?

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 November 2019

If you are a senior citizen, approach to District Legal Services Authority for free guidance and help which is free of cost and citizen friendly.  Any Advocate can guide you in the matter in approaching the LSA.

If you are a senior citizen, approach to District Legal Services Authority for free guidance and help which is free of cost and citizen friendly.  Any Advocate can guide you in the matter in approaching the LSA.

If you are a senior citizen, approach to District Legal Services Authority for free guidance and help which is free of cost and citizen friendly.  Any Advocate can guide you in the matter of approaching the LSA.

rajeev (director)     03 November 2019

I am not a senior citizen, i am around 47 years old

If it is so, your wife can file Pre-litigation conciliation petition before LSA and can avail of free legal advice and guidance, as it is more torture for her husband and preserve the documents if any of your daughter's letter to you while deserting the family relationship, your income, your other children and your commitment financially vis a vis your income.

If you can afford to pay at least  LSA  may suggest a time frame for such maintenance if she is educated and can secure say one or two years and her share in the ancestral property if any etc.

As this is a family issue the issue has to be settled among you with interference for elders and legally also, and there can not be a better solution. as she is after all your daughter, and if ignore her, she may not be happy in this age after such marriage and these misunderstandings in love marriages are common, and finally it is in between own family members, in which compromises, adjustments for family name and well being are key factors.

P. Venu (Advocate)     04 November 2019

The facts, as posted, lacks clarity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register