Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav   26 October 2019

License required for soap business

Hi Experts,

I have a business registerd at my home address, I plan to resell soap with my brand name to super markets.
Please not I am not manufacturing the products but purchasing from other wholesalers, please also advise me on below:
a. What license would I need in this resell model
b. What information should I display on the label of soap as legal compliance
c. Any other suggestions please

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
First of all, you can't purchase a product nd sell under your brand it will be violation of several Acts.
Although if you wish to resell those under same brand, you should have appropriate permission state municipality commission, different electricity connection and some other requirements depending upon your state.

Regarding your query regarding label, you can't put a new label but you should be be aware if the soup is in non compliance with any provision to Legal Metrology Act, you as a seller can be finned too.

For further guidance you can contact me on the below mentioned mail Id.

Regards
satyammishra181@gmail.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 October 2019

You have to engage a local advocate experienced in Trade marks and licenses.  You can brand the soaps with your name and there should be an agreement between you and the manufacturer and you have to invariably print the name of manufacturer and other particulars of weight, Date of manufacture as per the License agreements.  There were many such industries locally where the manufacturing company is different and if possible get a copy of such agreements through your advocate as an abundant precaution.

Gaurav   27 October 2019

Thanks for your reply Mr Mishra and Mr Prasad As i understand reselling is possible provided I mention name of Manufacturer and i need to have an agreement with the supllier for same. In above case what license I would need to acquire, also what would the approx fees for lawyer/formalities. Checking this because need to understand whether this would be profitable or not after all legal formalities.

Gaurav   30 October 2019

Experts any advice?

(Guest)
You need
trade licence from municipality
gst registration

And yes after agreement you can use there trademarks product with seperate metrology complaince which involves mentioning of manufacture's name

Legal cost depends from state to state,but if your business is good, it's revenue can easily surpass these expenses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register