LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sudes Pathak   06 October 2019

writing of a will

I have a residential Flat in Bangalore. The Flat is registered in joint name along with my spouse.
Can this Flat be willed in favor of
our Son ?
In this case, I am the owner of the Flat and the second name of my spouse has been added for convenience. Can we ( Both of us ) execute a single Will in favor of our Son ?
Kindly advise.

Learning

5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     07 October 2019

Yes

Contact a good Lawyer, execute the Will by both of you (you and your Wife) in favor of your Son and get it Registered. 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     07 October 2019

The share in ownership of the flat can be ascertained by the terms of the registered document, if nothing is specified then both are equal owners, and the WILL has to be prepared accordingly. Registration of the WILL is not mandatory.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 October 2019

The proper course is first getting a relinquishment of wife's share or in the form of gift and then making a will in the name of a son .  Contact a local advocate as the procedure is simple and it will get the signature of the wife also as an additional precaution.  It is true that registration of will is not mandatory but as the fees are very, very nominal, registration is advisable.

Shashi Dhara   08 October 2019

Both jointlly will as per law and register it.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     22 December 2019

yes you both can make WILL even enough in paper with two witness. ( witness shall be middle age then it will help your son future}  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register