LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monika Rana   02 October 2019

Need Advice on Divorce Petition

I received divorce petition from my husband recently and I am confused about how to proceed. In the petition there is no ground which is needed for a divorce. I am planning to contest it as he doesn't have anything major against me. I have not been living with him since last 5 months because he asked me to leave and did not want to talk to me or any of my family member. My question is, can I ask for marriage counseling in the court? and what if my husband denies it? Please advise asap. Thanks.

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 October 2019

Please do not depend on guidance in open forums for guidance on sensitive personal matters.  You can either contact Voluntary women organizations, Legal Services Authority for free guidance or approach to a local advocate if you can afford it.  Entrust this to an expert instead of trying to learn as many issues are involved in providing guidance.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     03 October 2019

It is better to decide first about your relationship; if it is going to be good and fruitful and there will not be any truoble in future then you can resist the Divorce petition.

But if you think the attitude of your husband is not going to change and he cannot give u peaceful life then better to cut this relation and even at this stage can think an laternative for the peace for rest of the life.It is better first you submit an application for maintenance and get maintenance from him. 

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     03 October 2019

mark your presence on due date, then obtain copy of petition and file your reply

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 October 2019

Yes, you the option to petition to contest the application on merits and also to seek counselling/mediation.

Mradul Bhatnagar   04 October 2019

if there is no ground to justify divorce.....it is better to go with the court proceeding with strong defence. first appear before the court and ask for litigation expenses....collect all documents.....

stanley (Freedom)     04 October 2019

yes you can ask for counselling .The counsellor will talk to both of you'll and see if you'll can come upon an agreement to live to gather. Or else the case proceeds and as you say there is no ground he can get a divorce he will not get a divorce than

yes you can ask for counselling .The counsellor will talk to both of you'll and see if you'll can come upon an agreement to live to gather. Or else the case proceeds and as you say there is no ground he can get a divorce he will not get a divorce than

Dr GYV Victor   06 October 2019

From your question, it appears you are still on a cross road to decide but prefer to work on your relationship to sustain. Check with elders in the family or a common friend to have a meeting to discuss and sort out matter amicably. If not attend court on the due date and request for counselling, may be this will work out. In all probability you may seek the advice of Advocate in your locality. It is better to prevent that go for long battle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register