LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nizam   11 September 2019

Second marrige registration

I am an Indian national follow Islam religion and married with Sharia marriage in India. ( I have marriage certificate from Shariya Marriage Institute ). I want to marry an Indonesian lady with out divorcing my first wife.

What are the options available to me for this second marriage to be registered in India

Learning

6 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 September 2019

As a Muslim you can have four wives at one time subjected with condtion that is much harder to comply with and that is if you can't do justice with them then marry only one... Al QUran

Now you must first consider your affairs to see that you can do justice and justice is a wide term.

Besides if your first wife does not permits your second marraige or she is not happy with that then you are certainly doing a grave injustice 

Nizam   11 September 2019

I appreciate your guidance and advice from Quranic point of view. Will it be possible to give advice on the issue based on Shariya Law and Moslem Personal Law applicable in India?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 September 2019

Muslim law is what is in AL QURAN and that is applicable. Polygamy is allowed in law governing Muslims in India. 

Shashi Dhara   11 September 2019

U have to go thru Indonesian law also because she is citizen of that country.wether that country acceptspoliyandary also or not.veriy it.

Shashi Dhara   11 September 2019

U have to go thru Indonesian law also because she is citizen of that country.wether that country acceptspoliyandary also or not.veriy it.

Shashi Dhara   13 September 2019

Polygamy not poliyandary

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register