LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aniel (CMD)     12 August 2019

Driving license suspended... what next?

A few months back I was forced to violate a red traffic signal and was given a challan. I paid my fine and the traffic police did not seize my DL (but took a photocopy). This month I got a letter from the RTO stating that my DL is suspended till October. The letter talks about a show-cause notice sent before suspension to hear my response which I never got. What should I do? Should I just wait till the suspension period or take any action? In case if I get caught driving with a suspended license, what are the legal repercussions?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     13 August 2019

You should not drive till DL is revoked.

Contact concerned RTO/ MLO with relevant documents for necessary clarification and revokation.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 August 2019

Wait till suspension is revoked.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 August 2019

You can take up with the higherauthorities that you had not been given an opportunity to show cause.

Aniel (CMD)     13 August 2019

Thanks for your replies. I can wait during this period rather than chasing authorities for explanation. The letter says the DL is suspended till 5 Oct so If i wait till then will I be able to drive as normal after 5 Oct? Or is there any formalities involved here as well?

dhananjay rtc   05 January 2022

Hey Aniel, Read This Blog, That Might help you - https://restthecase.com/knowledge-bank/tips/what-should-you-do-if-your-driving-license-is-suspended-in-india

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register