Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas (Others)     30 July 2019

Mahada allocatment letter registration - redevloped property

Dear All,

Place - Mumbai (central)

I inquired for home loan with a private bank here in Mumbai and along with other documents they asked for INDEX 2 for the flat I wish to purchase.

12 years back an old building was taken over by Mahada and was redeveloped, flats were allocated to original occupants and the building was handed over to society on 99 years lease.The society is registered now.

Today I want to purchase a flat in this building from Mr-X who (was original occupant of the old building) is the current owner of the flat and Mr-X has the following documents.

1) Agreement FORM for allotment of room (agreement between Mahada and Mr-X)
2) Possession Receipt
3) TABA pavti
4)Dekar Patra   (Mr-X had to pay some 40 thousand for extra square foot and other charges)

The society has the Occupancy Certificate.

Now the Bank is telling me that Mr-X needs to get his Allotment letter register today and pay the fees + penalty to the registrar.

Please help me understand that does Mr-X needs to register his allotment letter (which he received 12 years back) and get the INDEX 2 today ? He claims that they were never told or asked to register the allotment letter or any other document after the flats were allocated to them and I checked with the society that none of the owners has registered their allotment letter in last 12 years.

Thanks in Advance for your expert advice!

Regards,

Learning

2 Replies

Nikita Parekh   01 August 2019

From Whom are you seeking bank loan

(1) Private Bank???
(2) Mr X
(3) From other owners of the society

Vikas (Others)     01 August 2019

I am seeing the bank loan from a Private Bank. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register