LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bobby Dev   26 July 2019

Salary hike and work pressure

Dear sir / Madam, I have joined in a corporate company as a collection executive on June 2018. During my working with company I was paid very low salary compared to that of what other executives of same position earning. I was asked my supervisor for the same and he informed to wait until the appraisal are given. But it was not given till now and there’s no any information regarding the salary hike. As I work on filed, and every month I complete my given targets, I was told by superiors that there will be no time or no holidays or weekly offs shall be given and has to work all the days from morning 6 am to till night 10 pm. And when I had raised a question regarding my salary hike or work pressure they threatening me by saying “If I make any argument with superiors I can hand over ID card and leave the job” or I shall be terminated immediately. Hence request any one to give better advice. Thank you.

Learning

4 Replies

sm.calcutta (Advocate)     27 July 2019

what are the terms and conditions mentioned in your appointment letter? if your company is compliying with all those, then you have a probelm. you may try to leave the job and look for some other. Otherwise, you can sue them for breach of contract, in case they are violating their agreement.

apart from that, it needs to be seen whether your employement falls within any of the benefits available under the Indian employment/labour laws as well. to know that, the nature of your work and various other details of your company is needed.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     27 July 2019

You consult with HR manager. 

Since HRM is a body meant for the employees, carrying out timely performance appraisals is a given. Performance appraisals help in employee motivation by encouraging them to work to their fullest potential. It also enables to give them feedback on their work and suggest necessary measures for the same. This helps employees to have a clear view of what is expected of them and what they are delivering. They can thus, work better towards improving their performance and achieving targets.

The role of HR (especially the HR manager) in this would be to have a policy of generating timely appraisal reports and a review of the same by the authorities. The HR team should communicate individually with employees and give a clear feedback or suggestion on their performance. A system to reward employees excelling at their work would help in employee motivation and thus garner a higher degree of productivity and employee engagement.

Bobby Dev   27 July 2019

Thank you for your valuable reply sir. I'm working in Indiabull Consumer Finance Limited as Collection officer for the past 12 months. My job responsibility is to contact the customers either through phone or personal who failed to clear their monthly EMI  and get that paid.

Bobby Dev   27 July 2019

Thank you for your valuble reply sir, as said by you I also try to escalate the same to my HR. Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register