LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kishore   19 July 2019

Sister and her husband not vacating house

My father constructed a house on self acquired land in 1994 which was later extended to a double storey building by me. Ownership was transferred for both the land and building in favour of me by way of gift deed.My father passed away few months ago.Now my sister came to our house along with her son and husband to reside permanently.They often make trouble with me and brother in law dont do any work.They are totally dependent on me and becoming my headache day by day.When i told them to vacate the house they argue that they have equal share in the house.Please guide me what can be done.Can sister claim her share?

Learning

2 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     19 July 2019

The problem seems to be demand and supply. Stop the supply the demand will stop automatically. Discuss your issue with your wife and if possible with his parents for a solution

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 July 2019

As you said ownership transferred to you by mode of gift deed , it proves that you are the sole owner of that property you have every right to vacate your property from your sister , firstly put pressure on her by your respected relatives from your and her husband sides if no result comes then file a police complaint under sec 448 ipc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register