Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil   15 July 2019

Death of person on whose name cheque was drawn (payee)

Hi all!

I would like to know that if my wife owns a single proprietor or we can say sole proprietor of her firm if there is a payer who draws a cheque in the name of my wife's company but she dies before the making date of the cheque and then I become the proprietor of that firm what legal actions I can take against that drawer to make it an obligation on him to pay the same amount on that cheque I will be obliged if you can tell me a case law relating to that

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   15 July 2019

U issue notice stating that all future transactions shud be done by u as the previous proprietor isno more

Nikhil   15 July 2019

can you please elaborate more

Elango   16 July 2019

As it is a proprietorship firm.. you shall be a legal heir 1 category after your wife's death.. you / son/daughter shall be inherit her firm & property, through proper legal notice you can establish you rights and follow up payment..

Elango   16 July 2019

As it is a proprietorship firm.. you shall be a legal heir 1 category after your wife's death.. you / son/daughter shall be inherit her firm & property, through proper legal notice you can establish you rights and follow up payment..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register