LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Sharma (Founder)     08 July 2019

Lease Agreement Query

I entered into 3 year lease agreement (notarized) with a property owner for a office space (bareshell). I am tenant in the said property. there is a 12 month lock in also in the lease agreement.

After signing the lease agreement i transferred the 3 month security deposit into property owners bank account and I started the interior work and I invested 1 lakh into the property for converting bareshel to furnished office space. now suddenly property owner wants to cancel the lease deed within 10 days and I have invested 1 lakh plus 3 month deposit and now property is just offering me 50k for interiors and my security deposit back to me..

please suggest me what I can do in this situation to recover my money or I have right to continue the said lease based on our legal system.

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 July 2019

Dear querist, You have not state where the property is situated.  In most states, the lease agreement for 3 years period shall be registered.  But it is a notarized agreement.  so consult a local advocate having knowledge in property matters as the lease deed terms and conditions need to be verified in detail.

Amit Sharma (Founder)     08 July 2019

its Delhi state . initially we have done notairised agreement and was decided we will do court agreement in a month time as per mutual time convenience and lesee terms r standard

sandeep   08 July 2019

Dear Sir / Madam,

my questation is suddenly Pagdi Owner increase the amount. 

I am Sandeep Negi Home owner Staying in Bhandup Mumbai last 30years in Chawl pagdi System. suddenly Pagdi Owner increase the amount. 

what can i do what is next. Kindly help us.

Thanks 

sandeep

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 July 2019

Except contacting local advocate and restraining the lessor through court orders, there is no other remedy.

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 July 2019

What is the ground urged? If you do not comply, the lesser cannot act unilaterally; he needs to secure a decree from the competent court of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register