Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BCI EXAM

Page no : 2

(Guest)

Ms. Suchitra,

I can’t give this opportunity go lapsed right here.

You said it; “THAT CANNOT BE MEASURED AND MADE FOOLFROOF”.  By stating these words you oblige the innocent clients by pointing out that THERE ARE MANY “FOOLS” TOO WHO ARE MAKING FOOLS TO THEIR INNOCENT CLIENTS...

BIG THANKS TO YOU AND GREAT CONGRATULATIONS FOR YOUR HONESTY, INTEGRITY & DARE TO STATE OF FACTS.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     12 June 2010

Dear Ram samudre Sir, let me join you in congratulating our friends who have pointed out the right queries. First and top priorities is that Bar Council of India, should take a serious view of the existing Law colleges as pointed out by the members. What BCI is doing to those colleges that is flauting all the rules lay down by it and being recognised by the BCI? Law Colleges with students of various hues and colours comes out of such colleges with law degree and they may be in a position to do anything left and right with powerful politicians at their side, and to borrow from the language of the Supreme Court, making an ass of the law: Yes, Bar exam is required but at the same time BCI should do something about the quality of the legal institutions itself and not the students, that is what Suchitra, wants to hear it I believe.

aditya vadali (LAWYER)     12 June 2010

iam sorry to say, that 60% of the legal study persuers today emerging is of joke. Don't compare law with another professions for the god sake. You find no one getting into MBBS or C.A. for timepass, that is the dream for their life. we have to know that the law rules the nation, which means lawyers are guiding executives. But, only 40% law students come with great ambition and 25% are from the top law schools.

yes, not at great extent, but for some extent this exam rules-out  such canditates and make this profession tranparent and knowledgeble.

no doubt, already there is a plan even in MBBS field, there are planning for the same, ofcourse already existing in few states.

feel ease to go eith this BCI exam, surely it refresh ur legal skills and make u the best emerging out with flying colors.

thaks & regards,

ADITYA VADALI.

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     12 June 2010

Aditya Sir, I know the state of students and of practicing lawyers too who have come to this field out of sheer incapacity to get admission in any other professional field. Is it not because of poor educational structure of law colleges? Let BCI take steps to ensure quality education. That aspect is nothing to do with entrance exams for enrollment. Today, lawyer profession is not the same as it was years before. Now , we lawyers are on par with any professional and so, it is essential that this field gets common entrance test for admission.

1 Like

Want to add another thing here, Aditya ji, please do not forget there are irresponsible, careless professionals even in medical or among C.As. It is not fair to judge all of them as capable. But, yes, I agree that the situation is not as bad as that of our field because there is no bar on eligibility apart from having ONLY a degree in any branch, here.

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 June 2010

Suchitra madam (with due respect) either you are afraid of this exam or you are not willing to accept opinion of others.

almost similar kind of test (may be a bit tougher) is required to be cleared for judicial services....if the judges are to be selected on merit then why not the lawyers.

Kiran Sir, with due respect I want to clarify that whether I am confident of getting through the exam or going to fail even after three years of hard work, BCI entrance exams are not going to be cancelled for my sake. Anyway,  I am too young in this field and have expressed my views. Experts like you must be right. 

1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 June 2010

Madam you got angry probably.....sorry I never intended to annoy you, but one day you will find that this exam was necessary.

its a matter of opinion....there can not be similarity of thoughts....but ultimately one has to accept what has been accepted by the society.

Best of luck to all the fresh warriors.

Kiran Sir, I am glad that LCI has given a platform for putting forth our opinions and to know what others feel about it. I have always expressed my sincere opinions and I also know people can have different opinions too.

1 Like

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     13 June 2010

I have learned many things through this posting and I sincerely thank all the members. Yes, we need Bar exam and BCI is heading towrds the right directions and hope the medical Council of India and others will adopt this kind of Review, but at the same time BCI should concetrate on the legal institutions itself and if necessary even closed down those Law Colleges that can not conform to the Rules laid down by it, in spite of making an ass of the Law.

(Guest)

Friends here please advise how to bring this issue before BCI ?

I am not from Law field and so do not have any detail of BCI.  If any friend post here the contact and other available details of BCI so it will be easy for us to communicate in this regard.

What I thought to do right now that making copy of this thread and simply forwarding it to all the members of parliament and other concerned authorities at the level of DRF and further follow up.

(Guest)

Friends also suggest what more and how to be done ?

Dear Sir.Ram Samudre, firstly,in this matter  it all depends on the BCI which is armed with all the requisite weapons to bring about drastic measures in Legal education and for joining the Bar, as for example in spite of list 1 entrries 77 and 78 read with entry 25 in list III of the Constitution the BCI can frame its own rules under section 49 of the advocates act of 1961 and the rules framed under the section can not attract Article 245 of the Constitution of India to make it repugnant to those entries. But the position of the BCI is also understandable, as it can not covered the entire Law Colleges in person and one must also take the local flavor in such situtation when it comes to closing down the Law colleges for one or the other reasons. Mr.Ram and Suchitra have rightly pointed out the reasons why they object to present test because the BCI could have taken measures for improvement of Law Colleges and not by Bar Exam to test the LL.B; degree holder. But here, it is also to be noted that BCI may introduced drastic changes in all the Law Colleges through out the country, yet that itself does not mean that Bar Review should not be there, as the same is prevailing in many countries even Philipine in south asia. Let there be drastic change or no change in all the law colleges but let there be Bar review is my humble opinion.

Please read as Mr.Raja and Ms.Suchitra.

(Guest)

Thank you Dear Mr. Assumi for making me worthy of knowledge in this regard.

To the outcome of this discussion, as leaded by Mr. Raja, Ms. Suchitra also conveyed with your and Mr. kiran Kumar’s opinion that the BCI’s entrance exam is seems justified at this stage.  As I have also underlined that some people do LLB as an extra so it is necessary to check the knowledge & ability of those are entering in this profession as it effects not only the life of people but also to the judicial functions.  In his second posting Mr. Kiran Kumar has convinced us fully.  Ms. Suchitra also conveyed with his opinion.

Now, the only task remained here that there should be a common entrance test by BCI for admission in Law Colleges over all and the list of selected candidates should be made by BCI.  It should not be that anyone go to any Law College and give money and arrange a LLB Degree.

All friends please suggest…

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register