transfer of property from dead father

My father died 2 years before and my mother died 9 yrs ago and my late father has two sons and no daughters, my elder brother died 9 years ago. My late father has a property in bangalore a BDA site. Since my father did not made any will and me and my sister in law have decided to transfer property jointly b/w myself and sister in law. My question is

1.what are the documents needed to transfer property

2. Whether we have to pay stamp fee for transferring property? If so what is the stamp fee amount in bangalore for a property worth 3.5 crore

3. Whether succession certificate is needed? Or family tree certificate is sufficient

You have get heirship certificate from court. You will have to pay court fees stamp as per applicable value in the court while receiving heirship certificate. Local advocate will do the needful.


As it is immovable property submit petition jointly to concermed authorities along with g tree to change khata with relevant documents i.e assessment ,khata extract ,tax paid receipt



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu

IPC Grand Course     |    x