LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ujwal   22 May 2019

Property rights

My mother Wrote a will on 2 properties i name it A and B We are 3 bro and 3 sisters (all are married before 1980) My mother wrote will on A property to only sons. And B property to all 6 members So we bros acquired property B by giving some amount to sisters as gift deed (dont have receipts) Now sisters filed case that the land B belongs to them and they also cased file on A (greedy) So my question is they have any right on property A and B Now two.poperties on our brothers name

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     22 May 2019

Now that a case has been filed, the advocate of the defendant is more competent to provide such guidance as he can go through all relevant documents. How your mother acquired, and how the property is being enjoyed after your mother's death, who is in actual possession, what were the revenue records, on what basis  B property was mutated in three brother's name etc are primary things that documents reflect.  Though the gift is not acknowledged as receipt whether any signatures were obtained on any relevant documents for B property by the sisters etc., are very important.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register