LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ayush Mishra   21 May 2019

stop payment on a post dated cheque

what legal actions can be taken against someone who had stopped payment on a post dated cheque, what could be legal process to take action against him.

Learning

6 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     21 May 2019

you can go for civil suit

Ayush Mishra   21 May 2019

what if time period of 6 months is crossed, what could be the legal process then?

(Guest)
Mr.Ayush mishraji, this well known fact that the period of cheque is 6months. This is not a case upon which the opinions of experts should be calledupon.thanks

(Guest)
Mr.Ayush mishraji, this well known fact that the period of cheque is 6months. This is not a case upon which the opinions of experts should be calledupon.thanks

Ayush Mishra   22 May 2019

I understand the duration of cheque is 6 month but situation with me is little different, it was like the other person stop payment on cheque due to insufficient balance and said he don't have money as of now, he will pay it later. This matter was with a family member so I trust and don't do any legal action then but now situation and dynamics had changed, after one year he is denying to give money and saying do what you can. So now my only query to expert was can I do anything legally on the basis of stop payment on old post dated cheque (14 months old approx). Expert please advice

(Guest)

DEAR ALL,

Please note that the life of the cheque (Validity) is 3 months only and not 6 months.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register