LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pallavi Pushkar   18 May 2019

Credit card harassment

I had an SBI credit card in 2006. Due to strained finances and loss of job I was unable to pay the due. Yesterday I received a call from Delhi and the person calling claimed he was calling from SBI and I have dues pending. He kept calling repeatedly and when I did not answer the calls he called my sister in law and told her to put me in a conference call. After so many years they are calling and harassing me and my family members. He did not give me any details of my card etc and said I owe them 1 lakh which I should pay immediately or they will file criminal case against me. I do not know what to do. Kindly suggest

Learning

8 Replies

Shashi Dhara   18 May 2019

It is civil in nature they cannot penalise it u contact branch with any one who supports to settle it thru one time settlement.

I am currently residing in Bombay so can I contact the bank here or do I need to contact in Delhi

U can contact in Bombay also now every thing has become internet try to settle amicably

Explain Ur helplessness and jobless and have not sufficient earnings to repay the loan in time.

Thank you for the reply.

Nikita Parekh   18 May 2019

Don't be threatened by these extortion tactics.

If compelled report to nearest police station and change your contact number

Pallavi Pushkar   27 May 2019

I spoke to one contact who had called and agreed on a on time settlement of 35k. I was issued a letter of settlement as well wherein it's mentioned that by 31st of May I should make the payment. I have already made a payment of 10k and requested for few days to arrange for the rest of the amount. Also said by 31st I would do the payment. Still everyday they keep calling me and my family members and harass. I really don't know what to do or tell them. They are rude and very abusive. I really don't know what to do.

Nikita Parekh   01 June 2019

Please report the matter by submitting written complaint to near by police station

Also note that any settlement with third party recovery agent will not reflect on your credit score

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register