LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Apoorv   16 March 2019

Permission denied to write upsc exam due to suspension

I am in government job. A departmental enquiry is pending against me and I have been suspended. I want to write UPSC exam this year but i have not been given permission by department to write exam. What can be done? Should I go ahead and write exam despite denial of permission? 

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 March 2019

If you have obtained prior permission while submitting the application, they can not reject now.   Even if they reject, they should provide such a clause under which such rejection was made.  Mere appearing for the examinations is not a crime, and definitely, those disciplinary proceedings are from a different department and may not be connected with your department.

You may ask a friend or relative to file an application seeking laid down norms from Central Public Information Officer, DOPT, New Delhi.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide the copy of relevant stipulation/laid down rule and regulations wherein a  Govt., a department can bar an employee under suspension from appearing for  UPSC examination.

It is left to your discretion as to whether you can succeed further with these charges, even after a pass in the examination. Though suspension is not a punishment, unless the charges are very serious in nature, a Govt dept., can not suspend employee.  You may also personally meet the concerned officials to sort out the matter amicably.  Think all ways open to you and consult your friends and colleagues.

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 March 2019

You do not require any permission to appear and write the UPSC examination; nor is it necessary that you require NOC from the Department to apply for recruitement through UPSC/SSC. All taht is required that the employee need to inform the Head of the Office as and when he submits such applications to UPSC/SSC.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register