LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pradeepsiddappadevaru hiremath   25 February 2019

Tenant is paying electricity bills

sir, my tenant is paying the electricity bill for the past 1 year 4 months which is in the name of my father( owner) by himself since his inception as tenant in due course can he claim owner ship on this or can he able to change ownership from my father to him

Learning

8 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     25 February 2019

Dear querist,

Mere paying electricity bill will not help him to change ownership. Assuming owner has entered into rental agreement with the tenant.

Regards

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

pradeepsiddappadevaru hiremath   25 February 2019

Thank you sir happy for the reply

Shashi Dhara   25 February 2019

If u walk in road it doesn't becomes urs even u fill tar it doesn't become urs.how these silly ideas come to Ur head.any foot lawyer is guiding u.

ALOKE KUMAR BHATTACHARYA (practice)     25 February 2019

NOT AT ALL - TENANT REMAINS ALWAYS A TENANT WITHOUT PREJUDICE. Even the tenant can change the meter in his name and pay the electricity bill for his consumption. That does not mean he holds the property in his name and claim ownership.Relation between landlord and tenant exist

Airoli Estates   28 February 2019

who makes a tenancy agreement nowadays? it should be a leave and license agreement.
yes agreed that tenant cannot own the rented premises nor can he sublet. but at the same time tenancy rights are different from leave and license, and it's difficult to evict a tenant.
I know someone who had been a tenant for 40 yrs, he couldn't be evicted by any court, later he transferred his tenancy rights to a builder for a hefty amount. so be careful,

by paying bills for the property, you surely are creating a bonafide occupant. this is used as arguments in the court against the landlord.

by paying bills for the property, you surely are creating a bonafide occupant. this is used as arguments in the court against the landlord.

of it's a leave and license agreement, NEVER use words such as RENT, use compensation. never use words TENANT, use licensee and for LANDLORD use licensor.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register