Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Charan (MD)     03 June 2010

Need help on my brothers divorce case

Hi Friends

My family is in big trouble. My brothers wife left after 1.5 years of marriage and now registered complaint under DV act, 125 and 498a.

The major issue is my brother had certain extra marital affairs, which the girl has solid proofs of inclusind pictures and other material. Her family is not ready to settle for any cost and want to prosecute my brother.

Can he be punished?

how can i save him?

my family is broken because of this man, need your help

rgrds

charan

Learning

10 Replies

sun shine (edu)     04 June 2010

He certainly cannot be jailed.

1 Like

(Guest)

CAN she charge him of adultery under DV act? if yes wat punishment / fine can be put on him?

Charan (MD)     05 June 2010

Hi Prabhakar,

Thankyou for your valuable suggestions. She has put on us 498A, DV act and maintainance case. She has not filled for divorce as yet. Which I am sure she will in the future.

Is there a possibility that she levy any more cases on us other than these?

If my brother is found guilty of adultery ofcorse it will form basis for divorce. What kind of orders can the court pass against him?

What worse can happen, in the sense, punishment, compensation etc .

He does not have a share in our property, me and my brother both pay rent to our father and it is owned by father

Charan (MD)     06 June 2010

Sir

I have just a few more questions on the same..

1) The acts of adultery were comitted one month after my brothers wife had left the matrimonial home and started living with her parents. She had hired a Private detective to make her case strong. Will these be counted by the court and can these be used ?

2) If my brother is found guilty of adultery, will this have a impact on the maintainance amount and the final settlement amount ?

3) both the parties are not interested in staying together and part ways. We are ready to mutually settle the case but she is insisting on fighting a court battle. What benefit can she draw from a court battle now that she has this proof with her ?

Charan (MD)     22 June 2010

Sir

One last question. The girls family had invested 25 lacs in the marriage and we are ready to return that amount. Though because she has proof against my brother she is now demanding 1.5crores. If she wins the case can the court direct us to pay 1.5cr including damages or will it settle on actuals.

Also is there any law under which she can book my brother for adultery.

Thanks

Charan

Parth Chandra (none)     22 June 2010

Charan

Don't worry and just chill and read below points.

1) Did you see the evidence of adultery as reported by her your self? If not then she might be bluffing or might be having some proof like your brother has stayed with some one in a hotel but she might not have proof like your brother has done intercourse and If I am not wrong then Adultery requires a willful act of intercourse. So first find out what proof she is having...otherwise it would just be considered extra marital relationship at the most.

2) Even if she has proof suggesting that your brother has done intercourse/or had relations, she won't be able to convict him under 498a or DV and can't imprison him...but she would be able to justify her stand of staying away from your brother in CRPC 125 and other maintenance cases and your brother would have to pay maintenance to her based on his income and expenses. Moreover she would be able to get divorce on this ground.

3) If they have proof of 25 lacs given to you then only return those money otherwise pressurize them to settle the matter or say you won’t give this money back until court orders and deny court of any such transaction. IN ANY CASE DON’T confess in court about such transaction unless you know that they have proof. NO QUESTION OF GIVING 1.5 CRORES…SIMPLY SAY THAT YOU WOULD GIVE AS PER COURT’S ORDER.

4) Be in touch of this forum and you would know many things (related to your case as well as otherwise).

5) Finally there is no law who can book any one for adultery (UNLESS THE GIRL WITH WHOM YOUR BROTHER WERE CAUGHT IS MARRIED AND HER HUSBAND COMPLAINTS).

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register