LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Kumar   05 February 2019

Can a married man live in with a divorcee lady

I am 39 years old man got married in 2009. Due to some differences my wife left me deserted and started living with her parents from April 2016. Neither she is ready to come back nor she wanna gave me divorce. Moreover now I also don't have any feelings for her and don't want to patch up with her. me and my family tried our best to get out from this mess on mutual consent but all in vain. I am interested in one of my friend she is divorced. Now my question is:-

I don't want to get into court matter to get divorce from my wife. I want to live in with my friend. Can I stay in live in relationship with my that friend because marriage is not possible untill I get divorce too. What can be the consequences of this and what precaution I have to take for it

Learning

7 Replies

Shashi Dhara   05 February 2019

U do as what. U like no predictions or presumptions or assurance would be given by anyone.so before having live in relation ship be careful as the matter ,situations time to time changes.
1 Like

Shashi Dhara   05 February 2019

We cannot give any suggestions about it.it is urs choice.
1 Like

Deepak Kumar   05 February 2019

Sir I understand it's my choice and my decision. I want to know legal consequences of it.

Martin S.   06 February 2019

Originally posted by : Deepak Kumar
I am 39 years old man got married in 2009. Due to some differences my wife left me deserted and started living with her parents from April 2016. Neither she is ready to come back nor she wanna gave me divorce. Moreover now I also don't have any feelings for her and don't want to patch up with her. me and my family tried our best to get out from this mess on mutual consent but all in vain. I am interested in one of my friend she is divorced. Now my question is:- I don't want to get into court matter to get divorce from my wife. I want to live in with my friend. Can I stay in live in relationship with my that friend because marriage is not possible untill I get divorce too. What can be the consequences of this and what precaution I have to take for it

You tried marriage. And marriage failed.
Now as you know its waste to get married.  Try live - in relationship, perfectly legal.  Recently Honourable Supreme Court of India has decrminalized adultery.  That means to say SC transported indian male to stone age, now he can sleep with anyone he wants, narr ho ya naari, if your wife has a problem with it, she can file for divorce and take it from court.  While you will have to just agree to giving divorce.
Apart from that there is no legal consequences.

By the way, whats the fun in knowing the future ?  You want to try something adventurous and even Law permits it, why are you scared of consequences? what you need is someone who can reciprocate your feelings and be with you, well that is what marriages are supposed to be, isnt it?

So go ahead. Dont think too much.  For your surety just google adultery decrminalized by supreme court of India.  You will find many articles on the net. Judgement you will find on NIC website.  Good luck.

1 Like

498A Victim   06 February 2019

make sure that you did not have any children from this live in relation to avoid further future complications

Sugar Daddy   06 February 2019

It's all legal now many men whose wife are not giving them divorce lives with their live in partner and even have children. do you have children with your first wife ? if not then it's good. she cannot do anything now as adultery is decriminalized in Indian law. all she can do is come at your place cry shout and make scene few times. legally she cannot do anything. go ahead and live your life if she's genuinely interested in you

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 February 2019

The immediate legal consequence is that it provides a ground for your wife to seek divorce and maintainance, if otherwise entitled..

Secondly, if any children are born of this wedlock, they are legitimate with all the attendant rights.

As regards to your live-in partner, she is entitled for the protection under the DV Act.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register