Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is it bigamy ?

Page no : 2

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     01 June 2010

We would not be surprised if some Ministers grace the occasion.

1 Like

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     01 June 2010

Thank you mr. Kanan ! Your argument is appreciable.

You have turned the discussion to philosophy of time and space i.e. time is constantly changing and nothing may happen at the same time and at the same space. There must be difference of time in  completing the saptpadi by one of two girls , may it be for .001 second only !

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     02 June 2010

Dr.Sir.Tripathi, your posting has really evoke a good serious thinking on the subjects. Thank you for posting such thought provoking subject in the forum. Keep it up.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     02 June 2010

I envy the boy.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     02 June 2010

A serial Balika Vadhu is very popular amongst middle class and lower middle families. It talks of the evil of child marriage but instead of spreading the message for the welfare of the society, it recently showed that the boy was married once again when his first wife was living. The whole village is talking of the physical incapacity of the first wife to be a house wife but nobody talks of bigamy law. Shame on the makers of the serial. 

The serial is a crass. I heard that bigamy was an accepted practice amongst certain hill tribes in olden days. That too is not in vogue now. Perhaps it may be prevalent amongst certain tribals in Bastar and deep forests still.

Madansingh Shekhaawat (writer & an editor)     19 June 2010

How can it be bigamy when custom or usage governing each of them are permitting for a said marriage & there is no desertion & no objection?

100% it is not a matter of BIGAMY!

Yes, it can be a clear case of illegal marriage according to Hindu marriage act.

when it is specifically mentioned by Dr. V. N. Tripathijee that

…. threesome will perform saptpadi simultaneously.

Where from the question arises of time splitting? Therefore I don't agree with Kannan. Whereas Suchitra S. is more perfect in this matter I suppose!

Anyhow Dr. V. N. Tripatheejee has put the BEST RIDDLE before Indian Judicature and Experts!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register