LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rachna   30 January 2019

Documentation required after decree

Through a decree I was given full right over the house due to my spouse relinquishing his 50% share which was earlier 50% each to me and my spouse.

This judgment was granted ex-party.

What STEPS OR DOCUMENTATION should I do in the registrar office to avoid any third party interface of the full share I hold like selling of flat etc.

In what manner should I seal this matter in the registrar office so that they are aware of the judgement.

Learning

16 Replies

Shashi Dhara   30 January 2019

Ex party judgement is always double edged sword .it may be set aside. at any time and may harm u.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     30 January 2019

Just file the application for Execution of Decree and in that you can get the title of the property,provided the Judgment Debtor my file for setting aside of Ex parte decree,

Rachna   30 January 2019

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your inputs, I have put the case for execution and in the decree it is stated that I own the property. Please read below the portion of my decree.

So now Title of property is already mentioned in the decree. What next steps are required if any at the registarar office for name change etc.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THIS PLEASE: provided the Judgment Debtor my file for setting aside of Ex parte decree,

" Considering the aforesaid facts and circumstances,

suit is decreed in favour of the plaintiff and plaintiff is

entitled for decree of declaration to the effect that she is the

owner of the suit property and plaintiff is further entitled for

decree of possession of the suit property i.e. Flat no. 103,

Ground Floor, Konark Apartments, 22, I.P Extension,

Patparganj, Delhi110092.

CS-681 of 2017

Rachna Chaturvedi vs S.K Chaturvedi & Ors.

Page no. 14 of 15

Defendants are directed to handover peaceful

vacant possession of the suit property to the plaintiff.

Plaintiff shall also be entitled to costs.

10. Decree sheet be drawn accordingly. File be

consigned to record room after necessary compliance.

That is very handsome reliefe ,the execution of decree will solve your every problem.The relifes sought and decreed by the court will be implemented by the court executing the decree. 

Reagrding ;  provided the Judgment Debtor my file for setting aside of Ex parte decree,

Since as per your version the decree is Ex parte,the Judgment Debtor(the deffendant in the suit ) can file an apliccation for setting aside the Ex parte decree,that needs to be taken care of.

Hope to have replied your qiery.

That is very handsome reliefe ,the execution of decree will solve your every problem.The relifes sought and decreed by the court will be implemented by the court executing the decree. 

Reagrding ;  provided the Judgment Debtor my file for setting aside of Ex parte decree,

Since as per your version the decree is Ex parte,the Judgment Debtor(the deffendant in the suit ) can file an apliccation for setting aside the Ex parte decree,that needs to be taken care of.

Hope to have replied your qiery.

Rachna   30 January 2019

Great, however the judgment was passed on June 2018 and 7 months have gone ever since no appeal has been filed or interest to set aside the judegment from the defendant so far has come to our notice.

HAS NOT THE APPEAL TIME PASSED, WHICH I THINK IS 6 MONTHS, SO ARE WE NOT SAFE ON THIS.

PLEASE CORECT OTHERWISE.

You are 100% right that the application for setting aside the decree is barred by time, but there is Section 5  of Limitation Act i.e where the person showing sufficient cause for not acting in time can get the delay condned. The courts are however liberal to condone delyas.But if the service for defending the suit was served properly and acknowledged by the defendant the condonation can be refused.

This is just the possiblity in case an application is filed for setting aside the decree. This appears painful for any decree holder who is deprived to reap the fruits of decree if any such application is filed.

Hope answerd

Rachna   30 January 2019

Good, but what if the execution is on its way and summons are going to be issued to the defendant, and the house will be sealed as defendant is out of country.

Is is that after execution of the decree has commenced and actioned the decree can be revoked if by any chance plea for setting aside the decree is approved.

Will the plea if at all be filed in the same court from where the judgment passed or the next higher court.

First of all i request you not get disturbed by my replies, as it is human nature one feels disturbed upon listening what ought not to know.I pray for you to get what is rightful to you.

Anyway My Sister the Fist Point; Yes during the execution  of decree court will process issuance of summons for the Judgment debtor,and upon completion of service if the Judgment debtor does not show up (and Court is satisfied that services are complete) the dcree will be executed as prayed for . provided  if the presence  of judgment debtor is not necessary and decree can be executed fully in his absence then you have accquiered what you need.Though the decree subject to grant of leave for condonation can be challanged at any stage. That is why if you got the title of the property transferred in your name you can sell the property  at once .

The Application for setting aside the Decree can be filed in the same court that passed decree.

Hope replied

Rachna   30 January 2019

No No not all, rather writing to you and getting your reply comforts me as I know now how to be ready for any outcome either ways.

Thats what i was asking , what to do to get the title of property at the registarar office as this is important.

LIKE SHOULD I TAKE THE CERTIFIED COPY OF THE DECREE TO THE REGISTARAR OFFICE AND MAKE THEM AWARE OF THE DECREE AND PROCEED WITH THE CHANGE OF NAME IN TITLE OF PROPERTY COMPLETELY TO MY NAME SO THAT I CAN SELL IT.

ANY OTHER CAREFUL TIPS ON THE WAY AS THE CASE IS LISTED FOR EXECUTION ON 31/01/2019

That is really great to listern,,,,always be peaceful

O My Dear Sister don't worry about the Transfer of title in your name as that is the duty of executing court to do what is granted in the decree. The Court shall pass direction upon the concerned Revenue or any other department or agency to  set the records of property right in terms of jedgment,your name will made to get endorsed in the documents and the fresh updated title documents shall be issued in your name,,,,
That is Execution where you made the concerned departments to act as directed.

Hope replied

You have been granted the reliefs in the counter claim...that means your father i  law and your husband has proper knowledge about the matter pending in the court. You have also relinquishment deed duly  authenticated/wetted by the Conulate at UAE.You have a stong case, don' worry.

Just don' forget to push for seeking maintenance from your husband, after you get this matter over must keep the claim of your maintenance alive. You can file Application U/S 125 Cr P C,but let this matter be clear off first.

Reagrds

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     31 January 2019

Dear Mr. Om Prakash,

Thanks ,we are humans means too many things keep going on in our mind,and in this world if you even smile for some one that is most beautiful act.

Stay blessed always.

Reagrds

Rachna   07 March 2019

Now another question on " ORDER TO VACATE PROPERTY"

Questions:
- What are the contents of summons, is it standard or ?
- what is the prime duty of the bailiff
- can we take over the house by putting new locks. even if the person is out of country on work visa.
- will the needful be done after issuance of summons or everything will be action ed the same day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register