LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Goutam kr das   27 January 2019

Sub : insubordination reg

If I being Section Supervisor issue note to my subordinate quiring dalay for receiving dak copy to my higher ups in the same style can my subordinate submit reply copy to my higher ups? If he does so can it be treated as insubordination?

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 January 2019

There is no bar in issuing office notes as they are written directions to subordinates/superiors to protect themselves and to record their stand.  Every Authority has laid down disciplinary rules and regulations.  If the subordinate continues to disobey the written notes persistently, then a report may be sent to the disciplinary authority about such disobedience and insubordination and it is their duty to take further action.  In your office you may write that repetition of same events in future has to be brought to the attention of DA for disobedience and insubordination.  Preserve such extra copies as xerox always with you (not in office records).

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 January 2019

The action in endrsing the copy to higher formation inappropriate. The onus rests with the higher officer in restraing such practices. You may just ignore such trivial provocations.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 January 2019

Are there any rules in Service Rules/Conduct and Discipline Rules/Service Conditions etc that your sub-ordinate/reportee cannot mark copy to designated officials kept in CC by you or HO etc?

The communication issued by you keeping your superiors in CC (as per laid rules in establishment) may avoid repetition of same event in future by your sub-ordinate.

The higher authority/designated official may chose to write to your reportee that he/she may not mark copies in future.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 October 2019

whether repoly is justified>

whether you gto copy of the same.

what is respopnse of higher authority.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register