Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manian R   16 January 2019

stamp duty and registration fee for partition suit decree and limitation for registration

I belong to Tamilnadu. In 1989, we made partition of our land property through a compromise court decree.The same was duly registered in the sub- registrar office by paying 1% of the market value mentioned in the decree.No stamp duty was paid then.There were 5 schedules(A,B,C,D,E)
After about 15 years I noticed an error in A-schedule(belong to me).Instead of survey no 236/4 , the survey no 236/3 was wrongly put up in the decree. It took about another 10 years to get amendment through that same court.
The amended court decree copy was submitted to the sub- registrar office for registration. Now he demands Rs 25000/ for each schedule as STAMP DUTY and Rs4000 as registration fee. (If partition (out of court)and registration is done through sub-registrar office the maximum Stamp duty is Rs 25,000 and registration fee Rs4000 per schedule in Tamilnadu ) For 5 schedules he demands Rs 1,25,000/(in addition to registration fee)
I want to know (1)whether demanding stamp duty is correct for the compromise court decree (2) What is the registration fee for the court decree?(is the same 1% as earlier.) The judgement date was 16/7/18. The decree copy was delivered to me on 03/11/2018. (3) I want to know what is the time limit for registration with fine & without fine. please help me at the earliest.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     17 January 2019

Being State subject consult a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation, guidance and proceeding.

Kavitha Jyothi   27 March 2019

Person joining a company as a partner and he want transfer his land as a contribution or capital to the company....wt wil be the laibility under stamp duty act and charges

Kavitha Jyothi   27 March 2019

Person joining a company as a partner and he want transfer his land as a contribution or capital to the company....wt wil be the laibility under stamp duty act and charges

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register