i want to cancel my marriage registration in goa india

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to cancel my marriage to based on foreign divorce decree.

I am Goan and was a Indian citizen when I married to Goan girl and was also a Indian citizen.

we both got married in 2001 in Mapusa Goa.

We both got US Citizenship in 2012/2013

I had mental health issues in 2010 and she applied for divorce in 2014, and the divorce was completed in 2015.

Now I am planning to get married again.

I am told that I need to get my registration cancelled in order for me to get married again.

How do I get the marriage registration cancelled from Mapusa Goa on the basis of US divorce decree?


Can I file the petition without an advocate?

If u r divorced in foreign as per law why r u worrying about it.whether Ur divorced wife will blackmail..take the American court divorced certified copy. It is enough u show it and cancel it with help of advocate or urself.

Total likes : 1 times


is it that simple?

yes..... write an application to the concerned authority with ur divorce deed....9816374011

Total likes : 1 times


Thanks Pankaj Verma. I am surprised if it is that simple. Advocates here are estimating it will take about ₹50,000 for such a simple procedure.

Hello Pankaj, can you please provide me the format of the application to submit it to the registrar?



Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum


  LAWyersclubindia Menu