LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harish rao   27 December 2018

Sale deed Copy

Seller asking for sale deed xerox copy, to keep with him for his records.
Can i give Copy of sale deed to my seller?
If so, can i give without water mark or Should i water mark it ?
If so What should i water mark ?
Or shall i cross strike with pen on xerox Copy and give it to him..!!
Kindly guide me...
Thank you...

Learning

8 Replies

498A Victim   27 December 2018

There no problem in giving xerox copies of sale deed. Sellers will keep on copy with them

i am fear of documents misue by seller. So shall i mention any thing on top or bottom of xerox Copy ?
kindly guide.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     27 December 2018

you can take acknowledgement from the seller about receipt of xerox copies of the documents. For safety purpose pl mention on the xerox copies XEROX COPY ONLY".

1 Like

Sir pl confirm wheather to mention "XEROX COPY ONLY" as water mark on xerox OR with pen on top and bottom of xerox Copy.. Thank you Sir...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 December 2018

Whenever any important document is parted with, it should be clearly stated to whom it was given, when it was given and the purpose for which it was given in each page, writing on Xerox document without giving scope for manipulation.   This precaution has to be followed to secure interest for all documents including identity documents like passport, AADHAR etc.

By giving a xerox copy, there is no harm, as registered documents are public records and any citizen can pay such fees and can obtain a certified copy from sub-registrar.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     27 December 2018

The seller is legally entitled to a copy of the sale deed of the property he has sold.

Shashi Dhara   27 December 2018

If u don't give then he can take certified sale deed copy by paying fixed fee so u give him Xerox copy don't worry

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     27 December 2018

Sale deed copy is easily available in registrar's office. There is no harm to give copy of sale deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register