LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj   21 December 2018

Wife filed dv, i want divorce - mumbai

Wife has filed DV case on me and my parents u/s 12,18,19,20,22. We have 5 year old daughter. I strongly belive she is suffering Bipolar Disorder, have vedios and phone records of her such behaviour. Also she had extra marital affair, which I found out after following her when she used to leave from home on pretext of shopping etc. (I couldnt collect proof as I was completely shocked seeing it). Currently she is staying with us under the same roof but harrasing everyone.

Now, I want divorce. I am ready to pay reasonable alimony. First hearing is in second last week on Jan'2019 at MM Court. Can I ask the Magistrate to send us for mediation on the first hearing? Would saying that I want divorce impact badly on my case? After how many hearings does magistrate order interim orders? I dont want to spend separatly for drafing and filing of contested divorce if the same can be achived through mediation in current case.

Learning

3 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     21 December 2018

You can ask for madiation wherein you can demand divorce and offer alimony. If your wife does not agrees then you can always file divorce case on the basis of cruelty as your wife is having affair and she is suffering from mental disorder. Appoint good advocate to fight out your domestic violence case and divorce case.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 December 2018

The fascilitrator in mediation centre (Courts/ HC) usually have the template/draft and can drfat as per T&C mutually settled in your matter.

You may visit and check LOCALLY.

Raj   25 December 2018

Thank you for guidence!

After how many hearings is the case send for mediation? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register