Legal opinion

my father brought a property at 1998 that time seller child age is 10 years now he is telling not sign in the property


Why you need his sign now when sale has happened in 1998


He shud question before he completes 21yrs . don't worry.

He shud question before he completes 21yrs . don't worry.his father is acted as on behalf of minor gaurdian .

Manju, what I could understand that your father bought a property from a child, who was ten years old then. But now that child has become adult and refusing to accept that deal? If that is the case, then convince him. Otherwise no other alternative is left for you or your father.

Total likes : 1 times


Dear querist,


In case your father bought land from minor and now he is not signing sale deed then nothing much can be done legally.


Only option you have is convince that person with help of elders.


Law will not help in this, as per law whole acts is void.




Deepak Joshi & Associates

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Total likes : 1 times


Generically speaking;  Child (that is minor) cannot sell. The natural guardian of minor might be able to sell with permission of court.

The minor can object within 3Y of attaining adulthood.


Even if agitator agrees on some amount, you may discuss amongst your family , well wishers, to decide to pay and get the sale consented, by your free will.


Or consult your own LOCAL counsel.




You may take help for any matter from, elders of your family, competent and experienced well wishers, seasoned PIP’s, helpgroups, community leaders, NGO’s, experienced colleagues, associations, religious scholars/leaders, influential persons, Employee’s/Trade union leaders, help groups for spouses (Husband/wife)  etc and  find a very able LOCAL counsel specializing in concerned filed of law e.g; Civil  matters as in your case, and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules, precedence, latest judgments etc …. and worth his/her salt, can advise you after examining all case related docs, inputs,  evidences on record.

Obtain proper legal opinion in writing!

Avoid acting on your own on hearsay.

One should not fall for IT’s and entities loitering at online portals to allure unsuspecting querists. There are many threads on such instances at LCI also.

Online discussions are not substitute to in person discussions with a very able counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in concerned field of law.

There are such very able counsels at each location.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL; /Civil Courts, HC, SC,..

You can also try for FREE legal Aid from Legal aid center (DLSA) that is usually within LOCAL courts complex..preferably from a very able counsel specializing in Civil matters.

Your counsels  may opine that you can appear on 1st date, and obtain copies of petition etc to reply later ….and inform the court that you shall be engaging a counsel and appear thru your counsel….Or your counsel can appear and obtain copies of petition etc and reply later or your new counsel can appear for you.

Your counsels can advise after examining all docs/record/inputs pertaining to your matter and help you. You can also search threads on similar query in SEARCH option ON left Hand side of threads in Forum/Experts section. Having learnt a lesson, remember to consult beforehand for your matters or any matter about which you are not properly informed.


The FEE of all LOCAL counsels at all LOCATIONS is not high/unreasonable as mis-believed by many.

Many counsels even at State Capital/Metro towns  do not demand unreasonable high FEE.

IT is rather at online portals that unsuspecting querists are mislead as per many publications, by IT’s and Entities that pose as some Lawyer (actually LIAR) and flaunt/advertise firms that are not Law Firms (Actually LIAR’s Firms) to believe that LOCAL counsels are not knowledgeable..are incompetent.

In Reality the LOCAL counsels win cases in LOCAL courts at all LOCATIONS.

You can go thru/search the cases contested by any Lawyer at court website.


Your own LOCAL counsel can appraise you point balck on merits on your side or NO merits.


I have registered document

Approach your own very able LOCAL counsel with the document and all inputs.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


Search Forum:


  LAWyersclubindia Menu