LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhargava Derangula   29 November 2018

is my marriage is voidable?

its been approximately 8 years since we married with a person (late) and my mom witnessed, coz my mom is the only one who asked me to marry and plot her Taali, Other than that we never had a marriage official way according to Hindu Law I don't have any proof of marriage since my marriage is not happens officially i didn't even have marriage certificate and marriage card and photos except my son's birth certificate since and from 3 years we are living separate now all of sudden she came home and threatened my family members of 498a what to do i don't have proof to prove my marriage is actually happened how do I approach court in my case

Learning

9 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     30 November 2018

Legally it is live-in relationship. If there's no marriage there is no question of 498. But she can file suit under DV ACT.

Legally it is live-in relationship. If there's no marriage there is no question of 498. But she can file suit under DV ACT.

Bhargava Derangula   30 November 2018

my son birth certificate can be my marriage proof?

Shashi Dhara   30 November 2018

Why she is living separately. What is the reason.from past 3yrs u didn't try to call for her.any misunderstanding came with both of u why r u refusing marraige. U r escaping to feed child. R u have tried to marry another who is ready to pay dowry. Any fault with u. Try to convince her .live together for the sake of child.

The reason behind 3 years of separation is my wife wants me to keep in brides home for that they even tried some pooja n they fed me without my notice later i found it in her call recordings when I asked her for explanation she denied it then we had some arguments and she has gone to her home n started blackmailing me saying that she will commit sucide if I won't go to her home, If I was keen about second marriage i need not to wait for 3 years i was concerned about my son. I can't trust her again.

The reason behind 3 years of separation is my wife wants me to keep in brides home for that they even tried some pooja n they fed me without my notice later i found it in her call recordings when I asked her for explanation she denied it then we had some arguments and she has gone to her home n started blackmailing me saying that she will commit sucide if I won't go to her home, If I was keen about second marriage i need not to wait for 3 years i was concerned about my son. I can't trust her again.

sandipvarma (Lawyer)     01 December 2018

Your marriage may not be valid , but she has the same rights as a wife as you both are living for some time to have a son, and known to the society as Husband and wife,she can file 498a ,DVC , and can even claim maintenance from you.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register