LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Munnabhai MBBS (JOB)     24 November 2018

Relieving letter or absconding

I am currently working in a reputed consultancy firm. I joined this firm 4 months back. This is my first job. My senior manager is a really bad guy. He literally abuses all the 6-7 managers that are their in my team. He calls my reporting manager drunkard (bewda) at least 15 times a day. Not only just managers, he abuses everyone of my colleague. I just don't sit close to him, but when I am going to get a project with him, I know what's going to happen. Because of my current financial circumstances, I had no other option than continuing this job. But now I found a new job and I am willing to join them immediately. And now there is one issue. As per my agreement, I have to serve a notice period of 3 months or I have to pay basic salary of 3 months. I don't want to pay that much amount of money. PS: I completed my probation period. PPS: I am ready to leave the current firm without experience letter but I am best hoping to get relieving letter.

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     25 November 2018

Just resign stating all these difficulties in writing and leave such an environment, and let them take any action they like.  Forget about the relieving letter.  Ignore the notices if any, as they can not proceed legally against each and every employee.  Once you submit the resignation mentioning such compelling reasons, they can not say that you are absconding.  A consultancy firm has to spend more amount to recover from you and they do not have such time to spare in their profession.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register