LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Singh   10 November 2018

Urgent_need information on education loan

Hi, I had taken an education loan of 4 lacs(2009-2013) from SBI. Contrary to the rules, they asked me to put the security(NSCs) at very last moment. After the course, I couldnt start paying for it because of my low paying job initially, so they recovered ~3 lacs from NSCs whenever account went NPA and still ~6.5 Lacs is remaining(Making the Loan 9.5L today from sanctioned 4L). Even If I start paying it, i'd have already paid an overall of 11-12 lac from original 4 lac by the time it's over. I am not backing off from paying it, but it's too much for me. I have several questions:

1. I visited the branch recently and they told that It'd again turn NPA on Feb 2019 and will be eligible for Bank settlement schemes after Feb 2020. So, upto what extent will bank come down to for One Time Settlement (Assuming it'd become ~8-9 L on Feb 2020 from 6.5L which is as of today) considering that they have already recovered 3L from sanctioned 4L.

2. I have to take Home Loan in future and dont want to jeopardize that. So, If I go for OTS, how severly it'd affect my CIBIL score. Is it true I wont be able to take any loans in future or is it there for only few years? Do Banks consider sanctioning the Loan to Bad CIBIL scorer but with good monthy income.

Please help me on this. Any kind of advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register