LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aditya Pratap Singh   09 October 2018

Stay of Execution in District consumer forum while appeal is to be admitted

I have filed an appeal in the State consumer redressel forum while an execution of order has been filed at the district consumer redressel forum. A specific prayer has not been made in the appeal for stay as the execution was filed on a later stage.
Now, notice was being issued amd appearences are being awaited. Can i get a stay on the ececution proceedings at this stage as the execution may lead to warrants and i cant afford that. Appeal would be admitted after the all parties appear while the appeal is still on service.
Any suggestions.
P.S. This is my first case in consumer forum. i have just proceeded with a bail and a qaushing as of now. Seekong experience.

Learning

15 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     13 October 2018

you need to file stay petition u/s 151 CPC mentioning the execution proceedings. The SC may grant stay subject to some condition(s)

1 Like

Aditya Pratap Singh   13 October 2018

Will do as suggested sir. Thanks a lot for your kind suggestion.

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     14 December 2018

What if the complainant files caveat so that you don't get stay with one sided hearing? Any remedy?

What if the complainant files caveat so that you don't get stay with one sided hearing? Any remedy?

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     14 December 2018

if the Complainant fioles caveat you have no option but to serve notice to the complainant. If you can satisfy the State Commission for stay, you may get. It all depends upon the urgency and  how you convince the State Commission.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     14 December 2018

you have to file memo before the Dist Forum about filing of the Appeal by mentioning the SR no.

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2018

Defendant should fle memo before district forum about filing of the caveat or stay order

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2018

Defendant should fle memo before district forum about filing of the caveat or stay order??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register