LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumit Singh   03 October 2018

Breaking of marriage after engagement

Dear Sir/Ma'am, I need help. My marriage is fixed by parents. My engagement and Tilak ceremony was conducted same day in the presence of families and relatives of both sides one month ago on 24th Aug,18. Marriage date is fixed as 27th Jan,19. My fiancee is in a serious relationship with a guy and her father also know this but was forcefully manager her to marry with me. My fiancee is cheating me and being in touch and meet with that guy and continue to talk with him each and every day 3-6 hrs (i.e. her morning's 1st call to late nights last call is only with him). I cought her and managed to get her statement of her call details of last 6 months from telecom service provider. I have shocked after seeing the details of her call because each calls is only from her side to her lover and daily 3-6 hrs talk. This is realy too much. I have gave the statement of her calls details to her father and told him to break marriage. That time he accepted that he also know the facts (i have audio recording with me). But now he threatened me and my family not to break marriage otherwise he will take legal actions i.e. dowry harassment, cheating case and many other against me and my family members. He has also gave me an option to settle the matter with Rs.11 lakh. I am not guilty in this matter in any way then why we suffer. Please suggest me what to do. Is her father realy charged us in dowry harassment? what to her daughter who is cheating me since starting? Request you to please help me out. Thank you so much in advance.

Learning

10 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     03 October 2018

Send him legal notice through competent lawyer regarding all this indicating both civil and criminal action against him and his daughter for intimidation, cheating and threatening to file fake and false cases against you and preventing you from breaking the marriage which is just due to wrong committed by her nothing wrong from your side.
1 Like

TGK REDDI   03 October 2018

You're at liberty to break the marriage without assigning any reason whatever.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 October 2018

Why do you continue with such a relation ?

Dear Mahajan Sir, Reddi Sir & Vashista Sir ..Thank u so much all of you for your kind response. I have already decided not to marry with her in any situation. I just wish to settle the case in an easy way if her father also wish the same. I am afraid and concern about future of girl coz all the evidence against her which i holds would be disclosed with others which is not good for her in any way. Please suggest me if he will not agree to settle the case and will complaint against us in police then what will be circumstances and what if police arrest us in false dowry harassment or in any other charge?. What are the available options with me to tackle the case and not to jail in any way. I also want to clear that he is not any evidence or proof against us except video recording of engagement ceremony. He may complaint false FIR of dowry harassment and cheating etc. if he wish. Do i need to complain to police before him?

Dear Prasanna sir, I have not marry with her. I jst engaged with her till now.

TGK REDDI   03 October 2018

I don't mind if adultery is an offence.     What horrifies me is adulterer is criminal, not adulteress.

I welcome decriminalistion of adultery.

I don't think in ancient India, adultery was less.

There're certain countries where adulterer and adulteress  can be stoned to death.    Adultery is not less there.     One Tunisian said about a woman: kullu.

The stricter the traditions, the more the immorality.

Tradition says, adultery is an offence.     This's not enough to prevent a female from becoming loose.      What's more, adultery will be more.

Why?

She has to get satisfaction from her lover and has to exhilarate complainants.

ok sir thank u

sure sir, thank you so much. What would be my next step?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register