Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Korg   09 August 2018

Land freed by court still subjudicial ,can we sell it now ?

My father had purchased a land alongwith my maternal relative in year 1991 in kolhapur.Then it was mutually decided to split it into two parts in proportion and a due agreement was made between two parties :my father and my mother's aunt;this land was split into two unequal parts 2/3 to my father and 1/3to to mother's aunt.
Due to busy life and work ,he did not do any deal till year 2017.Then on my suggestion he decided to sell it.But to our shock ,the other party had acquired a large chunk of land and started developing it.When we opposed ,the other party approached court of law.
we and out consel both are confident that the case is clearly on our side as documents prove so.
Initially they had requested the court that the land be kept restricted from any selling activity .But on all hearings we wee present and they were keeping absent ,so court removed the condition .
so now the land is freed ,can we do the sell or any deal ?

Learning

2 Replies

Srinivasa Rao Yaramati (advocate)     09 August 2018

if there is no order from the court not to alianate you can sell now its buyers responsibilty to verify the titile in law buyer be aware, but your duty to revel the issues to the buyer befor sale ysr.advocatekkd@gmail.com

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     10 August 2018

It seems from your above postedquery that the matter isstill un decided by the courtsand that the litigation ispending Hence the matterwill be subjudiced and you cannot sell it.

Adv. Solomon Raj,
Attorney at Law,
Bharat Gaurav samman awardee 14
AICC National Legal Chairman.
email:rajcarey@yahoo.com
phn:9866545086

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register