LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anjan Roy   01 July 2018

Qualified wife demanded maintenance

Hi is there any judgement of High Courts or Supreme court regarding Highly qualified wife capable of earning by being employed to maintain herself is not entitled to maintenance from her husband. Kindly give me the link of the judgement. My wife has Masters degree but she is not working. Please help.

Learning

8 Replies

Krishna   01 July 2018

google it, you will get and in this forum also search it

Avijit Dikshit   01 July 2018

there are contradicting judgements on this aspect. you will have to couple facts along with precedents to make your point for denial of maintenance. situation also changes If you have a child out of the marriage and with whom the custody rests

Regards
Avijit Diksh*t
1 Like

Anjan Roy   01 July 2018

we do not have any children

Ajju Saiyed   02 July 2018

you have to prove that ur wife is earning rhen court will decide ...
literacy is not the only reason denial of maintence ...

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 July 2018

The statue used the expression "unable to maintain herself" and it has nothing to do with her capability  or her potential earning capacity. As long as she is unable to maintain herself she should be feed like a child.

Krishna   03 July 2018

There are more judgements denying maintainance to wife who is well qualified .We can not till our death who want to sit idle for life. If can't find pm me, i will send
1 Like

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     03 July 2018

Earnig wife having suficient income her maintainace application will not be maintainable. There are many ruling of SC. If, there exists any offspring she may demand it only on the cercumstances that husband have sufficently income.

Anjan Roy   03 July 2018

Krishna can you please send to anjanroy128@gmail.com ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register