Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anita DSouza   18 June 2018

Rc book submission not done from ktm showroom

Dear Sir,

We purchased a DUKE 390 from KTM showroom at Nariman point in November 2017, we received the RC book by courier which had incorrect spelling of my Husband (the buyer)inspite of providing aadhar and pan to them.  we spoke to them and send the RC book for correction to the showroom itself in Dec 2017 and since then the showroom has not submitted the correction of name to the RTO yet.  we have been following up rigourously, even visited the showroom to enquire however we got lame responses that we will submit sorry for the delay an all.  Now we wanted to sell the bike for some reason and are unable to do so just because of the RC book, can we take some legal action against the show room.

Learning

1 Replies

Raghav Arora   18 June 2018

Hi! Thanks for bring us the question!

In my opinion, taking action against the showroom dealer would not be a wise course of action and would add to the agony you have already been through, on the financial, physical and mental front. It would have been a mindful action if you had suffered some loss and need the dealer to compensate. 

I would advise you to just take the RC book back from the dealer and visit the RTO yourself and get going with the name correction and selling the bike.

For name correction, you have to submit - 
> ID Proof with the name you want in
> Original RC Smart Card with Copy of Road Tax Receipt
> Invoice and Insurance with matching name as per ID Proof
> Request letter to report mistake and change in name as per given document.

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register