LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav   12 June 2018

Legal heir certificate

What is the process to get a legal heir certificate after death of wife.

Learning

7 Replies

Raghav Arora   12 June 2018

Dear! Your questions is not very clear enough, but as far as I can gather, your wife has expired and she had properties in her name for which you require a legal heir certifcate. If it is so, then you are required to apply for the same in the court of the district judge only of the district where the properties are situated. You may even have to go to other revenue officers like Tehsildar aur Taluqdar of a village. 

The officers hand over a form which must be correctly and completely filled. The person making such application must carry the requisite documents and stamp fees must be paid. If the person belongs to SC/ST category, then he does not require to pay this stamp fee.  The form must be submitted by Family Lawyers to the officer, after which an enquiry takes place. The inspection is conducted by the Revenue Inspector as well as Village Administrative Officer. Once the enquiry is successfully completed, the legal heirship certificate is issued.

If the case is otherwise, please provide the information on the same so that I can answer it correctly. :-)

1 Like

Gaurav   12 June 2018

Dear Raghavji, Thanks for your reply. My wife was working with a company in Qatar. I need to submit the legal heir certificate to them for payment of all the dues. Please advise. Thanks.

Gaurav   12 June 2018

Dear Raghavji, Thanks for your reply. My wife was working with a company in Qatar. I need to submit the legal heir certificate to them for payment of all the dues. Please advise. Thanks.

Gaurav   12 June 2018

Also, in India we used to stay with my parents at my permanent address in Mumbai. However my wife was from Delhi and all her identification documents have the address of her place Delhi. Do we need to get the certificate from Mumbai or Delhi?

Raghav Arora   13 June 2018

Firstly you have to obtain the LHC from the competent court ( District Court of Delhi) where she had all her documents. You will have to furnish the documents which will disclose the relationship between the deceased and her legal heirs. Then you will have to send the LHC, obtained from the Indian court to Qatar where she was working, with all other documents that the office requires from you. That should hopefully suffice. Good Luck!

Gaurav   13 June 2018

Thank you Sir. Any guidance on the time it takes to get such certificate from District court? Also what would be approximate cost involved. Highly obliged for your support. Regards

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     15 June 2018

You can file application in Mumbai courts. You need to produce death certificate, documents related to job, investments, policy and your marriage certificate etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register