LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Antony hubert   28 May 2018

Deputation rules

Dear Sir, If a person working under Central government organisation is appointed on deputation basis to an organisation which is following IDA payscale pattern, can he be posted in a lower grade / the same grade as of parent organisation. As per DOPT guidelines "A person in a higher grade pay / Scale of payscale shall not be appointed on deputation to a post in lower grade pay / scale of pay if the deputation is from Central government to Central government and also incase of scale of pay and DA in the parent cadre and ex cadre post are similar". But no such guidelines given if deputation is from Central Governement ( CDA payscale pattern) to Central/State PSU of IDA payscale pattern. Pls clarify

Learning

10 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     28 May 2018

Please clarify.  Whether you applied for deputation in the PSU, OR the department itself posted you to the PSU.

Antony hubert   29 May 2018

I have applied on my own through proper channel on deputation basis as there was an option in the notification.( Regular / Deputation )

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     30 May 2018

At the time of applying you know what is the pay scale what is the IDA rate etc., of the post in the PSU.  Still you applied.  People go on deputation to suit their convenience.

Therefore, how can you now cite Rules to say that you cannot be sent.  It is you who applied and who got selected.  If you do not want to continue on deputation, better write to your PSU stating that you would like to go back to your parent department.

Antony hubert   30 May 2018

Antony hubert   30 May 2018

Sir,

I was working as Senior section engineer in the payscale 9300-34800 with Grade pay 4600 ( as per 6 CPC) in the parent organisation.  I had applied for the post of Supervisor in the payscale 13500-25520 on deputation basis in the new organisation.   Since the payscale is more than that of parent organisation and the Senior section engr. is also a supervisory category I did not found any  issue.   Further there was no mention of the post name Junior engineer/Section engineer in the notification.  However after appointment, i found that freshers were also recruited  in the same payscale as Junior engineers and I am being considered in par with the Junior engineer.  Hence pls clarify.

To have applied for deputation to a post, without knowing the details, is your fault.

In any case, if you do not want to continue there, better consult them, give it in writing that you want to go back to your parent department and get back to your own department.

To have applied for deputation to a post, without knowing the details, is your fault.

In any case, if you do not want to continue there, better consult them, give it in writing that you want to go back to your parent department and get back to your own department.

Antony hubert   01 June 2018

It is a new organisation and at the time of applying only Supervisor post was availble and no Junior engr / Section engr. post was there.  As i said earlier, since the payscale is more than the parent organisation and senior section engr. is also a supervisory category, I had applied .   The Junior engr. / section engr. were then recruited in later notification.

Hence, pls clarify whether there is any DOPT guidelines on transfer from Central government CDA payscale to Central/state - PSU of IDA payscale.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     02 June 2018

You applied for which post?

Supervisor - right?

You got selected - right?

Now what is your problem?  Be specific.

Antony hubert   02 June 2018

Thanks for your reply sir,

Hope there is no guidelines/rules regarding  transfer from Central government CDA payscale to Central/state - PSU of IDA payscale.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register