LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kesavabscag rnr   07 May 2018

Service loss during eol period during probation

sir I have joined as AEO ..in department of agriculture after 11 months of service I have taken eol for a period of 6 months two complete my BSC ag ..whether this period will add my service or I will loss my seniority...pls clear my doubt sir..thank you..

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 May 2018

Whether it is a permitted study leave, or whether you have informed such reasons in your application, whether it is loss of pay etc., are facts to be considered.  Ask your friend or relative to file RTI Application to State Public Information officer  and seek information as follows:

Information solicited:

1.Please provide the copy of orders/directives in treating the leave period for education, for consideration of seniority in service.

(EX: After one year from date of joining 1-1-16  the employee went on study leave for one year .   The employee completed 2 years of service at par with other recruited in the same batch of 10 .  Whether this study leave /loss of pay for one year can be considered as in service or he becomes junior to those  nine other employees who joined the service on 1-1-16.  The rules and regulations that state considering such study leave)

thank u sir

I have mentioned ...and sanctiond eol under loss of pay and allowences

and extension of probation periid

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     07 May 2018

Depends upon how the EOL was sanctioned. I think no salary was paid to you for the period EOL. Normally EOL period shall not count for service or seniority. Be happy that the organization employed you before you completed graduation, permitted you to prepare and complete the graduation and gave back your job.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     07 May 2018

Depends upon how the EOL was sanctioned. I think no salary was paid to you for the period EOL. Normally EOL period shall not count for service or seniority. Be happy that the organization employed you before you completed graduation, permitted you to prepare and complete the graduation and gave back your job.

thank u sir

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 May 2018

EOL will not result in loss of seniority, but may lead to postponement of increment; there would proprtionate reduction credit of EL. So also, the period would not count as qualifying service. 

1 Like

thank u sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register