Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

many duties of husband but what are duties of wife ??

Page no : 2

Vishwa (translator)     09 December 2010

Duties of a wife - or the couple as a whole - are very well expressed in the Hindu marriage ritual, especially the saath pheris.

Vishwa

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     09 December 2010

" Duties of a wife - or the couple as a whole - are very well expressed in the Hindu marriage ritual, especially the saath pheris"

RIGHT.

OUR RELIGIOUS SYSTEM BURNT BY THE ENGLISH CULTURE.

THE ONLY TWO THINGS THERE GOOD DID WAS 'STOP SATI DAHA' & 'SPREAD OF EDUCATION AMONG FEMALES'.

anirudh (Sr.QA)     20 August 2011

Yes..There should be some Law for Mens because of the Fact that most Womens are not bound to their duties. In this case why should the men be a sufferer.

Also there should be a law to punish the mother of the wives who most oftenly interfere in the life of husband-wife and are responsible for to make a GAP between both....also to create a misunderstanding between both and most oftenly wives listen to their mothers by default and not using their own brain and hearts.

Now a days when Womens are educated and are standing equal upto mens....they think that they can live without husbands.....and they can sustain all the pressure and tensions all alone by working and staying seperately from husband.

Also Womens(wives) do not want the responsibility of the Husbands Mother and Father--I dont know why Wives are forgetting or not thinking that they also might be In-Laws of their son's brides. And may get the same treatment if this trend follows.

Womens now a days are forgetting that the education is there to equal up with mens and not to sit on husband's head or to make a husband go morally down.

A Women is power of Love, sacrifice, duties and support in true means which is not implemented now a days. However now a days Womens are cometiting with mens to show them more better and prove them more excel from mens, also while doing so they point out and pull down the moral of Husbands unnecessarily-They do not try to understand that a family life goes hand in hand, with each others support, love and respect.

God Knows better about what is going to happen with the mens who are suffering with the competitive womens.  And where these Educated Womens have forgotten the true meaning of Family-Ethics/love-support...???

1 Like

ashwani (account executive)     18 December 2013

payel ji

if any wife doing this then what is the option for husband.
currently i m suffering this situation

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     24 December 2013

Seven Vows (Saat Vachan or Seven Promises) and Mantras of Saptapadi / Seven Steps / Seven Pheras

Both the Bride and the groom make Seven Vows to each other. These vows are in Sanskrit and are as follows:

SAPTAPADI PHERA 1:

Blessing for nourishing food and noble and respectful life.

PHERA 1: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

"Om esha ekapadi bhava iti prathaman".

I will love, cherish and provide for you and our children. You will support me and offer me food.

PHERA 1: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Dhanam dhanyam pade vadet"

I will honor you. I take upon myself the responsibilities of the house and children.

SAPTAPADI PHERA 2:

Pray for strength (physical and mental). Also pray for a peaceful and healthy life

PHERA 2: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

"Om oorje jara dastayaha"

The groom promises to support his wife forever. Together we will defend our family and home.

PHERA 2: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Kutumburn rakshayishyammi sa aravindharam"

Bride vows to stand side by side with her husband in protecting their family and home.

SAPTAPADI PHERA 3:

Pray for prosperity and wisdom. Also pray for religious and spiritual strength and reaffirm their commitment to each other.

PHERA 3: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

"Om rayas Santu joradastayaha"

The groom promises to work for the prosperity of his family. The groom also promises to be faithful to his wife and lead a spiritual life.

PHERA 3: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Tava bhakti as vadedvachacha"

The bride promises to be faithful to her husband and to support him.

SAPTAPADI PHERA 4:

Pray for the happiness of the couple

PHERA 4: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

"Om mayo bhavyas jaradastaya ha"

The groom declares his good fortune at marrying his wife. The groom prays for a happy life and good children

PHERA 4: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Lalayami cha pade vadet."

The bride affirms that she will do her best to please her husband.

SAPTAPADI PHERA 5:

Pray for happy children and happiness for all beings

PHERA 5: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

"Om prajabhyaha Santu jaradastayaha"

Pray for the happiness and wellbeing of our family. May we have righteous and obedient children.

PHERA 5: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Arte arba sapade vadet"

I will trust and honor you. I will be with you always.

SAPTAPADI PHERA 6:

Pray that we live in perfect harmony. May we have a long and happy life

PHERA 6: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

May we be happy together forever.

PHERA 6: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Yajne home shashthe vacho vadet"

I will always be by your side in your endeavors.

SAPTAPADI PHERA 7:

May we always be good friends

PHERA 7: Bridegroom’s vow/promise:

"Om sakhi jaradastayahga."

With this last Phera we forever belong to each other.

PHERA 7: Bride’s vow/promise:

"Attramshe sakshino vadet pade."

I am delighted to be your wife. May we be together forever.

Saurabh (Sr Consultant)     03 March 2016

This I found to be a very interesting and very serious question in this forum. In most cases of manintenance DV or alimony judges make the following statement.

It is the moral obligation of the husband to maintain and protect the wife.

This means law somewhere defines the duty of a man. If he does not do his duty, he is ordered to carry out the same by law (Section 125, DV, HMA24, etc). If he still fails, he can be jailed for contempt of court!!

I will not go into religious matters or anything directly. My only question is:

What is the source of this statement by our honorable Judges: "It is the moral obligation of the husband to maintain and protect the wife".​

This source can be anything: Religious texts, age old practice or anything does not matter. My only concern is we should look into the same source and find the responsibility of wife.

Once found, I have two points:

1. In case wife is not performing her duties as per "that same source", husband can go to the court and get an order where wife is asked to perform her duties. If she does not , she can be jailed due to contempt of court.
  2. In case marriage breaks, our honorable judge states: its the husband's duty to maintain the wife and thus pay maintenance. Then husband can also get an order for wife to continue carrying out her pescribed duties for the husband till he gets married.

Moral obligations/responsibilities can not be one sided. If one is forced to do it, other also needs to be forced to do it by law.

Else, the second option is cancel the responsibilities of both parties involved. There can not be a free lunch for anyone.

Saurabh.

Originally posted by : Mrs. Renuka Chaudhury,

Originally posted by : Saurabh

This I found to be a very interesting and very serious question in this forum. In most cases of manintenance DV or alimony judges make the following statement.

This means law somewhere defines the duty of a man. If he does not do his duty, he is ordered to carry out the same by law (Section 125, DV, HMA24, etc). If he still fails, he can be jailed for contempt of court!!

What is the source of this statement by our honorable Judges: "It is the moral obligation of the husband to maintain and protect the wife".​

This source can be anything: Religious texts, age old practice or anything does not matter. My only concern is we should look into the same source and find the responsibility of wife.

In case wife is not performing her duties as per "that same source", husband can go to the court and get an order where wife is asked to perform her duties. If she does not , she can be jailed due to contempt of court.
In case marriage breaks, our honorable judge states: its the husband's duty to maintain the wife and thus pay maintenance. Then husband can also get an order for wife to continue carrying out her pescribed duties for the husband till he gets married.

Moral obligations/responsibilities can not be one sided. If one is forced to do it, other also needs to be forced to do it by law.

Else, the second option is cancel the responsibilities of both parties involved. There can not be a free lunch for anyone.

Saurabh.

Woman can sleep with any man she wants, she cannot be punished even if she is married to someone, but the man who slept with her can be punished.  When things like this happen which shows no sign of morality, what law are you talking about?  Law is for those who follow it, thats all, ask the one's who made law, law, they will agree with my interpretation of law.

There is nothing moral, everything for the soul, thats all, take it out of the equation, there is no coscience, no morals, no law.

I agree there are many laws which are loaded against men. An immoral wife is not punished and instead a man who had consensual relationship with her is punished which is not acceptable. (Section 497).

But lot of men are suffering because of one sided laws and biasedness in society. Being emtional wont help. 

We need to seriously change the mindset of the misandric society and save the men.

Saurabh.

In case wife is not performing her duties as per "that same source", husband can go to the court and get an order where wife is asked to perform her duties. If she does not , she can be jailed due to contempt of court.
In case marriage breaks, our honorable judge states: its the husband's duty to maintain the wife and thus pay maintenance. Then husband can also get an order for wife to continue carrying out her pescribed duties for the husband till he gets married.

Saurabh.

Woman can sleep with any man she wants, she cannot be punished even if she is married to someone, but the man who slept with her can be punished.  When things like this happen which shows no sign of morality, what law are you talking about?  Law is for those who follow it, thats all, ask the one's who made law, law, they will agree with my interpretation of law.

There is nothing moral, everything for the soul, thats all, take it out of the equation, there is no coscience, no morals, no law.

I agree there are many laws which are loaded against men. An immoral wife is not punished and instead a man who had consensual relationship with her is punished which is not acceptable. (Section 497).

But lot of men are suffering because of one sided laws and biasedness in society. Being emtional wont help. 

We need to seriously change the mindset of the misandric society and save the men.

Saurabh.

Many men like you are suffering because of women like these.

rashmi1984 

MA pursuing 
[ Scorecard : 65] Thank Contributor :  Send PM
Posted 19 days ago  

Me and my son was thrown out of house. My husband is central govt employee. I filed maintainance he filed Rcr. His lawyer is very competent.  They filed for child custody under some section 12 , and got custody on same day,no objection, argument date taking. My lawyer left the case afterwards. I  dont see any hope . Mediation also he didnt want to take us back. NOW as he is central govt employee he get benifit of medical reimbursement and ltc. Is there a way that I can claim medical reimbursement. My kid was very sick and i have almost 35k bill with me. Atleast if i can get that ,will be some relief.  Any lawyer notice to office will do or court order is needed. 

Discussion > Family Law > Maintenance > Medical reimbursement from husband office

Mrs Renuka....

A few points...

1. There are heart wrenching stories about men who had to sell kidneys to pay maintenance to wives. 

2. Law IS available to women to get maintenance from husband bcz that is supposed to be his duty. Let them take maintenance and in turn keep performing their duties as well. I outrightly condemn one sided responsibilities.

Saurabh.

Mrs Renuka, I am not sure whether your reply was a satire or you were serious. Thus, my previous reply. Please excuse me if I took you wrongly because I checked the other forum and saw that you were very angry with the woman. I am deleting the previous post.

Saurabh.

1 Like

Saurabh (Sr Consultant)     04 March 2016

Right Ma'm.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register