LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar   10 April 2018

Daughter 's marriage expenses

Hi sir/madam.. We are hindu. My father denied to do his daughter's marriage, because he had second wife, my mother want to file a petition for daughter 's marriage expenses. My father having a salary 70000 per month and also having agriculture income. We want 10 lakhs per marriage expenses. What is the court fee for 10 lakhs, there is any limit for marriage expenses? How much days to grant the marriage expenses by the court?

Learning

5 Replies

Rishi kumar   10 April 2018

Nice post. Go ahead. Ask for even 25 lacs. The court may grant. Your mother must be having a good experience in fighting maintenance cases against father. But the fight is between the mother and father. So how is the relationship between father and daughter? Mother would have poisoned the mind of the little daughter and the daughter must be at daggers drawn with her father. 

Then spend a portion of the extorted money for the marriage and a time will soon arrive to claim the 25 lacs from the new groom(which was not really spent). Let history repeat itself. Good luck.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2018

The father may agree to marry as per his capacity.

Despite income father may also have liabilities..

The court may order expenses as per capacity of father or termed reasonable and demanded by daughter..

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 April 2018

Go thru;

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/delhi/Man-to-pay-Rs-37-lakh-for-daughters-wedding/articleshow/45322634.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Pay-Rs-15-lakh-to-daughter-of-Punjab-DGP/articleshow/2091391.cms

Marriage like any other instance in life has IT's own hazards 

Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters and having successful track record ….. and worth his/her salt …with all record for a considered opinion…per detailed facts of your matter.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Kumar
Hi sir/madam.. We are hindu.
My father denied to do his daughter's marriage, because he had second wife, my mother want to file a petition for daughter 's marriage expenses. My father having a salary 70000 per month and also having agriculture income. We want 10 lakhs per marriage expenses. What is the court fee for 10 lakhs, there is any limit for marriage expenses? How much days to grant the marriage expenses by the court?

If your father denied to do his daughters marriage, who are you? Now problem is he having second wife or he not doing his daughters marriage? Now your mother wants money for whose marriage? her daugther or his daughter? Because there is second wife involved, it is difficult to make out who you are and how you are related to this.

Anyway by the looks of it, asking court to award  money for conducting marriage is good idea. But court wont entertain such things.  Courts are meant to get divorce, custody of children, alimony and maintenance. No more than that.  Its like asking bank 1 crore money for marriage expenses.  If bank says it can give only 10000, you will file case on bank? Dimag toh theek he?

(Guest)

Tomrw if marriage wont work you will ask bank to take back money from whom? Boys side?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register