Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Why men should refuse to marry?

Page no : 5

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     17 September 2008

Thanx for reading the post.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     18 September 2008

I write for the pleasure of my readers only.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     12 October 2008

I just come across a well researched article on the net as to why men should not marry.

https://www.dont-marry.com/

Well, there are many more reasons for not to marry.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     09 November 2008

Less and less persons are choosing to get married: A new item from canada-

After a brief millennium boom, the number of couples saying 'I do' declined sharply in 2001. According to a report from Statistics Canada, fewer Canadians than ever got married that year.

"A total of 146,618 couples tied the knot, down 6.8 per cent from 157,395 in 2000," the agency said in a statement accompanying the release of its Marriage, 2001 report on Thursday.

The numbers resume a downward trend in the number of marriages throughout the 1990s, bringing the agency's "crude marriage rate" to a record low of 4.7 marriages for every 1,000 people.

An upward blip in the marriage rate in 2000 to a five-year high of 5.1 was probably an anomaly, the agency said, "attributable to couples choosing to marry at the start of the new millennium."

Developed countries are developed for this reason too. The understand the problem a bit early.

ARVIND JAIN (Advocate)     13 February 2009

IF YOU DONT NEED A LEGAL HEIR DONT MARRY. ITS A PERSONAL CHOICE. IF YOU COMMIT SOME WRONG LAW WILL TAKE ITS OWN COURSE. SHOUKD IT NOT? IF LAW IS BAD CHALLENGE IT OR GET IT CHANGED.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     13 February 2009

Law can be bad in two ways- judiciaously and legislatively.

I feel that the law is legislatively bad, and hence a democratic protest is required. This forum is one way of registering your democratic protest.

We also feel that these laws are badly administered. As citizens, we have a right to lodge our protest, which we are doing in this forum.

vipra (enginer)     13 February 2009

dears. This thread was interesting.

Recently i got engaged and just i calledoff marriage, the reason is simple.

Short temper, adament, impatient, jeolous, moody, firing, proud, head weight, ego =100%

Listening to others, respect, love, caring, joy, friendship, flexibility  = 0%

Just imagine, if i marry her, automatically i may have to run around the courts for getting divorce from this evil girl.

I am not saying, all girls are like this; but no of girls with this characters are increasing day by day, due to modern culture in india. Be very careful in selecting girls. They are running around us and trying to marry innocent guys to liberate them selves.

Rajesh sir, sorry if i am wrong. this is my view;  Marriage is important in everyones life, it makes life more meaningful for common peoples like us.

If one gets a good wife, she can provide heaven in earth, so finding the write women is very important.

In my experience; dont marry any rich women or high educated women; mostly they are only creating problems in the society.

I escaped from a women; like the way osama escaped from US troops at tora bora mountains!!!! ... so  take care

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     13 February 2009

Well vipra, nice views.

But there is a saying: "LOVE IS A DELUSION WHEN A PERSON THINKS ONE WOMEN DIFFERS FROM ANOTHER."

I hope your life experiences will prove me wrong.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     15 February 2009

I fully agree with you. Men shouldn't. Only women should!

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     15 February 2009

Thanks Mr. Agrawal for agreeing. However, you didnt understand the message.

Marriage in an institution in which all prerogative, benefits are given to women. However, there is no duty on the part of women in marriage. Since the institution is against the interest of men, they should refuse to marry. That is why men in developed country is doing. Read this link for marriage in USA.

https://www.nomarriage.com/ 

In scandavian country, government gives tax incentive to people to get married. State is interested in promoting the institution of marriage as it makes the subjects docile and easy to control.Women are beneficiary of marriage since ages. They are interested in marriage. They are making various effort to get men agree to marriage (including threat of criminal legal action on false charges of chaeating, rape which i find in various post on this forum also).

Just see how the instituion of marriage started. We have no historical record of any war between men and women on this institution, so it can be safely presumed that marital rights were voluntarily agreed to. In ancient times, the husband has a right to kill his wife. In fact Parshurama (one of the incarnation of Vishnu) killed his mother on order of his father. Slowly slowly women took back all these rights from men and at the same time increased their rights. However, in all ages a balance is required between rights of man and women in marital relationship. Without this balance, no marital relation can exist. 

Presently, under the existing laws, this marital relationship is a slavery of men, so they should refuse to marry. And let the women try to marry including effort to force marriage on men under threat of false criminal prosecution for cheating. The beneficiary has every right to try, by hook or by crook.

Aravindhan (retired)     15 February 2009

Are your parents married??? I asked this question not to offend you but to make you realize that marriage is certainly very essential.

I am not agree with the statement that only insecure people get married because people who are strong enough to shoulder the resposiblity, get married.

Marriage is perhaps the most important of all the decisions becuase it affects not only the two people involved, but also their families and their children.

Marriage, like any other worthwhile activity, requires time and energy. It takes at least as much time to keep a marriage in shape as it does for a weight lifter to keep his body in shape.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     15 February 2009

Well Mr. Aravindham- your question is valid, so i will answer. And i am not offended- i never get offended in intellectual discussions.

Our parents are married. What about their parents- they are married too. What about their parents and so on. The instituion of marriage is hardly 5000 yrs old. Human beings were born even when their was no marriage, and they lived also. And, for all of us a very large percentage of our ancestors are never married.

Now let us see through another angle. When we discuss marriage in this forum, we talk of marriage under Hindu Marriage Act. Probably our parents were married under Hindu Marriage Act. Their parents- probably they were not married as per Hindu Marriage Act. Their marital relationship at that time didnt depend upon Setion 498A of IPC or misuse of Dowry and domestic violence Act. Thus any reference to historical justification of marriage is neither relevant not justified as the very nature of marriage has changed.

We need to discuss marriage as it exist today. It may be good or bad in earlier times, that is not relevant. It should be accepted if it to good today, it should be rejected if it is bad today.

(Guest)

I concur. The real issue is misuse of sec 498A and other such provisions not about the efficacy of marriage. The reason (i think...i am not sure) Mr. Rajesh is against marriage is not because marriage is bad, but because provisions in law meant to provide protection and upliftment of women are being used to blackmail and extort money and for mental harassment. Now the only way to avoid this is not marry at all. this is the other extreme end of the discussion. Sadly, it looks feasible because, legal procedure has failed to catch up with the times and still thinks that women all over are an oppressed lot and that they are always the victim. Well, although I would not venture out to say that women across the country are a liberated lot, there is definitely a case for legislation that would address these issues. Like these provisions should be made applicable to women belonging to tribal and backward areas. Also, investigation chould be handed over to an officer of a higher rank or to an independent organization. Finally, the names should be withheld of the husband and the wife alongwith their family. These look like possible solutions instead of banning marriages across the board. Although, I totally understand the sentiment behind the decision.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate)     17 February 2009

Tushar is very right- I am not saying (in this discussion) whether marriage is good, bad or ugly.

All that I am saying is that marriage is a legal relationship, loaded against men in law. Hence men should aviod this legal relationship.

ROHAN (Adm)     13 March 2009

I don't agree with you. It is better to know everything before jumping into anything. Forewarned is forearmed. I know several cases where the guys are totally lost. 498A is a HUGE ROARING BUSINESS FOR LAWYERS, JUDGES, POLICE, WOMEN'S GROUPS AND THE WOMEN, not necessarity in the same order. There are also gangs operating which trap innocent men, and then loot them. These women are part of gangs that women's groups and Lawyers collectives have organised along with cops and judges to loot Indian husbands. These women are prostitutes in disguise, in the guise of prospective brides. They mint money. This is a new business and rough estimates state that this new industry of extortion runs into Rs5000 Crores a year!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register